Air Filters

J

JKDream

What are you guys running in dusty environments? I've been using the stock paper filters but they don't seem to stop the silt from getting into the intake tube. Are the AFE OE replacements better? (or equivalent). I've seen some CAI kits that come with a sealed box similar to the factory style as well. Snorkel with a prefilter is out as I think they look goofy personally. Had some overheating issues the past weekend, pulled the front end apart and noticed my intake tube that I cleaned the week prior with a new filter was already coated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
What are you guys running in dusty environments? I've been using the stock paper filters but they don't seem to stop the silt from getting into the intake tube. Are the AFE OE replacements better? (or equivalent). I've seen some CAI kits that come with a sealed box similar to the factory style as well. Snorkel with a prefilter is out as I think they look goofy personally. Had some overheating issues the past weekend, pulled the front end apart and noticed my intake tube that I cleaned the week prior with a new filter was already coated.

You sure you don't have a crack or leak somewhere? I've seen pretty good filtering results with the OEM paper ones myself.

J

JKDream

You sure you don't have a crack or leak somewhere? I've seen pretty good filtering results with the OEM paper ones myself.
Yep. Triple checked when I disassembled. It's the logging roads that are bad, we do 20-30 miles down them before the trails start. Even with a headstart, if you're in the back it's a giant dust storm.

zimm

Caught the Bug
After years of K&N's in all my vehicles, I'm back to paper. Less dust in the intake tubes post-filter.

I've found Mopar to still be the best filter. It really helps if your in the back of a group to leave a big gap so the dust can clear out.

OEM.
Any company offering higher performance will likely allow more dust through.

I change every oil change and or after a desert or dusty trip. Even with over doing it like that I still find dust in the tube. Just have to stay on top of it.

Top Bottom