Soft tops - RC or Smittybilt?

13stocjohn

I’m replacing my factory soft top but I don’t have a ton of money to dump into a premium replacement soft top. So far, it’s come down to either the Rough Country or Smittybilt sailcloth soft tops, both coming in at around the same price ($250).

Which top would last longer and has the better construction/fit of the two?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I’m replacing my factory soft top but I don’t have a ton of money to dump into a premium replacement soft top. So far, it’s come down to either the Rough Country or Smittybilt sailcloth soft tops, both coming in at around the same price ($250).

Which top would last longer and has the better construction/fit of the two?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Personally I wouldn't get either, and save up for a Bestop.
You don't have to get the premium model, I have just the basic Trektop and it's done fine in Canadian winters.
You could probably get a take-off OE soft top for the same price as your two listed choices.
The fitment I've seen on other soft tops is typically pretty bad in my opinion.

Ddays

Hooked
I wouldn't buy either of those either - I'd try looking for a factory takeoff on Craigslist or save for a Bestop.

2014siljk

Use bestop...I've used there warranty before for a bad zipper..got whole new top....just amazing

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Use bestop...I've used there warranty before for a bad zipper..got whole new top....just amazing

This! I have too! One of the best warranties out there. YOU CAN"T BEAT IT! I just got the standard top by Bestop meaning no twill.

You have a soft top like stated you can get replacement fabric and use existing frame...replace a top.

Get a Bestop...comes complete. Sell your old shit.

dunstan74

I have a smittybilt top on my tj that the previous owner put on, the fabric and stitching is holding up fine however the the plastic tabs that clip into the tub and door surrounds are craking and the zippers are constantly jamming.

When i replace it I'll be getting a bestop.

Sent from my SM-G950F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom