Winch Help

bmack510

Hi. I have a Tractor Supply 8000lbs winch that came with my 2017 JKU. It doesn’t work, no sound at all. I’m assuming it’s the solenoid but can’t find out anything on where to get a replacement. I called TS and without a SKU, they are no help. And since I don’t have the manual or the box, can’t find a SKU. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Do you have access to the solenoids? You could test for control voltage to see if it's getting signal from the control. If foreword and reverse are silent than I would lean toward a power or control problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmack510

Is this it? It's the only 8,000 I see on there website View attachment 307253

I can access the solenoid. I don’t have a meter to test but since no noise at all In or Out, I assumed its power related.
That image is the new one, tried that too. The one I have has a manufactured date of June 2016. So I guess it has a different sku then the new ones?? This has turned out to be a way bigger pain in the butt then I thought lol.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Have you checked that you have good connection +/- at battery, checked if there is an inline fuse? You can pick up a basic test light for a few bucks at any auto store to check for voltage at the solenoid.

Solenoid packs for winches are nothing special, you can get any one rated for a winch and make it work. You can get a basic multimeter for under 5 bucks they’re super useful.

Top Bottom