Water tight

ihaveemerged

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the water resistance of the interior of my JK. I was having lunch today in a restaurant about half a mile from where I parked my Jeep with the top down. It’s a beautiful sunny day not a cloud in the sky. 45 minutes into lunch my wife (who is facing the window) says “holy shit!”, I turn to see a biblical rain storm, no frogs or locust but sheets of rain. I grab my keys, push through a group of people waiting at the front door for the rain to stop. As I’m going through I say “Excuse me, I have a Jeep with the top off.” They all say “Oh no!” as I run out the door.

After sprinting to my Jeep (I can’t remember the last time I ran that far or fast) through rain coming down so hard I actually ended up with blood shot eyes. I arrive to find the interior of the Jeep like a it was just pulled out of body of water. My cup holders had 2” of water, floor mats holding the same amount, water pooling on the cloth seats. When I got the top on I notice it’s still raining inside the Jeep. My sunscreen shade was holding water and dripping down like crazy.

Once the Jeep was zipped up I took my wet ass back to the restaurant where the owner offered me towels and everyone looked at me like I was crazy (it’s a Jeep thing). Long story short (or in this case long) I eventually got back to the Jeep started it up and everything worked just fine. No electrical problems despite the dash, gauges, stereo, speakers, you name it, being blasted with water from all angles. That’s pretty impressive, now if only the seats could repel water;)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ninemmbill

Pull the plugs and let it drain. I don't know how many times my TJ filled up with water as I never ran a top on it, and I never had a problem.

Eloucha

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the water resistance of the interior of my JK. I was having lunch today in a restaurant about half a mile from where I parked my Jeep with the top down. It’s a beautiful sunny day not a cloud in the sky. 45 minutes into lunch my wife (who is facing the window) says “holy shit!”, I turn to see a biblical rain storm, no frogs or locust but sheets of rain. I grab my keys, push through a group of people waiting at the front door for the rain to stop. As I’m going through I say “Excuse me, I have a Jeep with the top off.” They all say “Oh no!” as I run out the door.

After sprinting to my Jeep (I can’t remember the last time I ran that far or fast) through rain coming down so hard I actually ended up with blood shot eyes. I arrive to find the interior of the Jeep like a it was just pulled out of body of water. My cup holders had 2” of water, floor mats holding the same amount, water pooling on the cloth seats. When I got the top on I notice it’s still raining inside the Jeep. My sunscreen shade was holding water and dripping down like crazy.

Once the Jeep was zipped up I took my wet ass back to the restaurant where the owner offered me towels and everyone looked at me like I was crazy (it’s a Jeep thing). Long story short (or in this case long) I eventually got back to the Jeep started it up and everything worked just fine. No electrical problems despite the dash, gauges, stereo, speakers, you name it, being blasted with water from all angles. That’s pretty impressive, now if only the seats could repel water;)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Let dry couple days in sun. Bc carpet will smell shit. I was thinking the other day same to spray seats with a water resistance spray. Like the one for boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom