Rancho 9000Xl adjustment knobs question

White_JKU

How the heck do you turn the adjustment knobs.... I can only get 1 click either way I turn.... Not sure which direction to turn either..... Knob is not clearly marked and there is no instructions with the shocks

Sporadic

How the heck do you turn the adjustment knobs.... I can only get 1 click either way I turn.... Not sure which direction to turn either..... Knob is not clearly marked and there is no instructions with the shocks

White_JKU,

I just had these installed on my rig. The adjustment knob can be tough to turn with your fingers so you may want to try using some pliers, but be gentle. Here's a link to the manual. http://www.gorancho.com/images/downloads/rs9000xl_Rancho_SellSheet.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ty

White_JKU

Sporadic

Correct; counter clockwise for a softer ride and clockwise for a firmer ride. If you like a "stock-like" ride, adjust to 3 or 4.

White_JKU

It's honestly VERY hard to tell when I move the knob from one position to another..... I have a hard time feeling the clicks..... Especially since I have to turn with a set of pliers

Rebel JK

I wouldnt put a set of pliers on these! Call your installer first and find out where they were set to begin when you picked it up. If you are on the max setting either soft or stiff snd you go one click too far you can kiss your shock good bye!
I would contact them to find out whats normal. If these are oil filled, basically you have a disk with different orifice sizes (aka valving) that increase or decrease the rate or speed of fluid flow thru the body controlloing compresssion or rebound dampening. Never force something like this.

White_JKU

I wouldnt put a set of pliers on these! Call your installer first and find out where they were set to begin when you picked it up. If you are on the max setting either soft or stiff snd you go one click too far you can kiss your shock good bye!
I would contact them to find out whats normal. If these are oil filled, basically you have a disk with different orifice sizes (aka valving) that increase or decrease the rate or speed of fluid flow thru the body controlloing compresssion or rebound dampening. Never force something like this.

I am the installer.... they cannot be turned by hand.... but when u use the pliers.. you can tell the difference between moving through the different settings vs all the way hard or soft.
You just have to be really still and focus. LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Correct; counter clockwise for a softer ride and clockwise for a firmer ride. If you like a "stock-like" ride, adjust to 3 or 4.

Yup, this sounds about right to me. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend that you get the incab controller as it makes adjustments a lot easier :yup:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
It's honestly VERY hard to tell when I move the knob from one position to another..... I have a hard time feeling the clicks..... Especially since I have to turn with a set of pliers

Reach out to our Tech Line and explain this to them, if you would please.
You should feel a "click" with every turn, by hand and it should get a bit firmer as you go from 1 to 9.
Their number is 734-384-7804

Top Bottom