RC lift question

Tyler02

I ordered a 2.5in could lift from rough country. It came with coils, shocks and I ordered a rear track bar bracket. Are sway bar links and brake line brackets a required part or just a suggested part?

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
I have the RC Coil lift. You will want to get the quick dico's for the front swaybar , other wise the swaybar set's to high up.
Which can cause it to flip over when your off road.

Tyler02

Will it be ok to drive with the stock links for a week or so and stay on pavement? I've already gotten set up to have the lift installed Friday and I'd really hate to cancel it.

Tackerdown

Banned
You can add them later easily enough by yourself. My kit came with longer rear links and you put the old back ones up front.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tyler02

Ok thanks I've already had to wait to put the lift on for a week I don't know if I could handle waiting on links to come in too ha. But thanks for the help

Tyler02

I have another question about this lift. Since the install sometimes when I take a curve at about 30-40 I feel and hear a rubbing sound. I didn't change out the sway bar links so they are still stock. It almost seems like it could be in the rear end as if both tires are trying to turn at the same pace or something. Oh and I have rims that are offset an I'm only running 285/70r17 right now. I wouldn't think they would rub. Any ideas of what this could be??

Rivertoys

I have another question about this lift. Since the install sometimes when I take a curve at about 30-40 I feel and hear a rubbing sound. I didn't change out the sway bar links so they are still stock. It almost seems like it could be in the rear end as if both tires are trying to turn at the same pace or something. Oh and I have rims that are offset an I'm only running 285/70r17 right now. I wouldn't think they would rub. Any ideas of what this could be??

Shine up the inside of all your tires with a lot Armor-All, take it out and cause the issue.... then see where the dull ring in the shine is. That should show you where it's rubbing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Shine up the inside of all your tires with a lot Armor-All, take it out and cause the issue.... then see where the dull ring in the shine is. That should show you where it's rubbing.

hmm thats a good idea! never would of thought of that :thumb:

Tyler02

Yes when we installed the lift we put a track bar bracket on the rear but we didn't put anything on the front

Tackerdown

Banned
Yes when we installed the lift we put a track bar bracket on the rear but we didn't put anything on the front
Ok thats typical from what I see on here.I would check to make sure all the bolts that were installed are tight including your lug nuts just to be sure nothing came loose or was missed. I'm no pro but these are things that I've seen others ask if they were checked.

Top Bottom