Advice - Evo Enforcer Stage1 3" or 4" lift?

slystrx

Hi guys,

It's been a while but i'm back on getting my build started at Off Road Evo, Fullerton.
Met/spoke with Mel and Lisa in person few weeks ago, great people and went thru my proposed build, checked out some of their builds in the front (ridiculously awesome)

Could use a little help and, as per usual, learn about why I made a certain decision. Here's a little context to help give your thoughts/advice, what I'm getting for my build

COOPER - Discovery SST Pro 37x13.5x17
EVO MFG - JK Draglink Flip Kit
Rancho RS9000XL (not ready for Kings yet, but soon) - like the adjustability factor of these shocks.
JE Reel 1350 Front & Rear Driveshaft
(rest are a few exterior, armor stuff - shouldn't probably affect question at hand. Basically trying to go as light as possible, with rear fascia and front quarter pounder bumpers)

As the title states, I'm stuck between wanting to get the 3" or 4" plush coils. Few of my questions -
  1. What are the pros and cons of both? I don't plan on having this as a daily driver, mostly a weekend warrior - Tahoe and Sierras.
  2. I've read that 3" has chances of bottoming out (pretty obvious) as compared to 4". How much weight would that take, approximately?
  3. (Related to 2) For my snowboarding trips I'll be riding with other people in my rig, say 4 (or worse 5) . Would that cause any issues with ride quality up the mountain?
  4. I'll be planning on making a DIY cut off stock fenders to get more clearance. Apart from that, is there any more things one would suggest if I stuck with 3" lift?
  5. I don't plan on wheeling immensely hard (at least not yet, i'm still learning a ton). But I do plan on say, wanting to hit Rubicon some time soon with this rig. Or at least other less harder trails around the sierras.
  6. Also how much of a lift does an Evo Enforcer 3" really give, is it true 3" or more?

Would appreciate any input or thoughts, so I can learn more about how all these fit together.

Thank you ...

MDK210

If I had a JKU I would go 4" and the bumper/winch combo does matter IMO. I have front/rear aluminum bumpers with synthetic winch so if you're doing a light weight build then that will help. But if you're going steel bumpers and steel winch, add a tire carrier/37" spare, Jeep hardtop, and with all those people you'll lose an inch front/rear I bet.

Most manufacturers overrate their lifts anywhere from .5-1" due to customer expectations and there will be some settling. Not sure what the EVO 4" kit comes with but make sure you have everything you need to run that size lift. There are differences between running a 3" vs 4" lift.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I run 3". I park in a garage and frequent underground parking garages as well. I'll take the extra roof clearance. With flat fenders it fits 37x13.5's just fine. I do run 1/2" spacers on the passenger side to level the lean out.

View attachment 307856

View attachment 307857

Last edited:

sm31

Your jeep looks fantastic! I'm in the same dilemma... garage, parking structure, and a 5' 1" spouse to consider as well. Did you trim the pinch seams? Also, what backspacing are you running?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Your jeep looks fantastic! I'm in the same dilemma... garage, parking structure, and a 5' 1" spouse to consider as well. Did you trim the pinch seams? Also, what backspacing are you running?

Thanks! Funny, my wife is 5' 1" too, but she can hop in pretty easily. Rockhard sports bar has handles. Yes I trimmed the pinch seams. Backspace on ATX chamber pro II's is 4". (Slabs are 3.5").

Here are some gratuitous flexy shots.

View attachment 307940 View attachment 307941

sm31

That's plenty of flex for me! I'm seriously inspired! :cool: It's great to know that I can keep the COG a bit lower and still achieve my objectives. Thanks again!

Top Bottom