Lurching when in 4Lo

Eggdashure

Good evening,

Over the weekend we were out with our local club in my wife's 2009 JKUR (new to us in March). When taking off in 4Lo, the Jeep would move forward slightly then 'catch' and lurch forward hard. The engine revved up a bit before catching too. My 2012 JKUR doesn't do this, just curious if anyone has ideas if this is anything to worry about? Fluid changes?

Thanks!

BaddestCross

Good evening,

Over the weekend we were out with our local club in my wife's 2009 JKUR (new to us in March). When taking off in 4Lo, the Jeep would move forward slightly then 'catch' and lurch forward hard. The engine revved up a bit before catching too. My 2012 JKUR doesn't do this, just curious if anyone has ideas if this is anything to worry about? Fluid changes?

Thanks!
My 08 does that sometimes in the rocks. It has to do with throttle control and the Rubi's low gearing... If you're in a condition that may give you some resistance when you're getting started or if you're crawling through a rock garden, get used to two-foot driving.

Give the throttle constant pressure and regulate speed with the other foot on the brake. It will even things out a lot and it shouldn't lurch on you.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom