2015 RKU HR starting to make squeak and rattle noises from a 3 year old lift.

thechrisjones

I’m starting to notice a lot of squeaks and rattle nosies from my Jeep when I go over things like speed bumps or pull into driveways. I have a 15 JKU HR with 3 inch EVO enforcer lift, king shocks, and running 37‘s. I have had the lift on the Jeep for roughly 3 years. I very rarely trail ride. I remember the same thing happening to my old TJ but never cared anything about it (thought it was just the cheap lift I bought). Anyways, any ideas on ways to get them to go away or what’s causing them?? Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have no noise from the evo 3" enforcer. you need to check all the bolt torques. Have someone bounce on the bumper while you're under the jeep and listen to where the noises are coming from. Don't trust a dealership to deal with anything aftermarket.

WhiteMetal

Yeah second that I usually thrown 3-4 pumps grease every time I change oil or if I have a muddy trail run, torquing should be done by yourself then you’ll know how often you’ll need to do it. More red loctite and you won’t need to worry as much about it until you need to take it apart then you’ll hate red loctite

dytrdr5

As far as torquing stuff goes, I learned a trick from my cousin who works for Delta. I use crosscheck torque seal on all my bolts, takes 10 minutes to do a visual torque inspection IMG_5794.JPG

wjtstudios

Hooked
I paint mark all my torqued bolt connections so I can do a quick visual inspection on the trail. But I still retorque everything and regrease everything after every oil change or 5k. PIA, but everything is quiet and I know it’s secure.

Slimebones

I paint mark all my torqued bolt connections so I can do a quick visual inspection on the trail. But I still retorque everything and regrease everything after every oil change or 5k. PIA, but everything is quiet and I know it’s secure.

BEST PRACTICE. I even have to grease more often than that with Full Traction control arms. YUK. Have tried various greases and can't overcome the squeaking. Have called them, and one guy tells me to use a graphite based grease and another guy tells me to use a teflon based grease, which I can not find in existence. Whatup?

Top Bottom