U-Joint/Ball Joint Freezer

Kaylasiemon

First time trying to replace my U-Joints & Ball Joints on my JK today. I’ve been reading a lot of forum & videos on how to do this. Does anyone have any extra tips & tricks? I hear that putting the u-joints in the freezer helps... how does that work? Do I put the entire u joint in the freezer or do I remove the caps & only put those in there? How long should they be in the freezer?

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You don’t need to. The only thing I ever freeze are large bushings and piston wrist pins.
Things get smaller when cold bigger when hot. That’s why you heat up bearings to fit on tight clearances. Won’t hurt anything to leave in the freezer for any amount of time, I doubt it’ll help much either on a u joint. Big hammer and sockets.

jesse3638

Hooked
You don’t need to. The only thing I ever freeze are large bushings and piston wrist pins.
Things get smaller when cold bigger when hot. That’s why you heat up bearings to fit on tight clearances. Won’t hurt anything to leave in the freezer for any amount of time, I doubt it’ll help much either on a u joint. Big hammer and sockets.

A large c-clamp helped me when I changed out my u-joints in my old Titan. Get a quality one cheap ones flex.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom