3" to 4" Coils. Should I Worry About Caster?

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm going to be swapping my 3" Full Traction coils for 4" Plus Rides and pairing them with King 2.5's. When I installed the lift I set my caster to 4.8° checked at the pinion flange on a stock 44. Should I worry about adjusting it after I install the new springs? I do intend to give it a test drive and see how the steering feels before messing with it. I figured it probably wouldn't change much maybe to 4.4-4.6°. Both are still more than the stock 4.2°. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Probably not. You will probably have to re center the steering wheel though depending on net difference in ride height. Shouldn't be too crazy of a difference though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I wouldn't think too much into it. I'll bet you end up about where you already calculated.

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah I was going to put them in, check where I end up, and drive it. If it feels off I'll make some minor adjustments. Like AJ mentioned I'd expect to have to re-center the steering wheel. It's actually a little off now..haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Do you have adjustable arms? If so, it should be no problem to get back into specs.

Yes I do, just didnt want to mess with them if I didn't have to.

As others have mentioned, I doubt you'll need to adjust your caster.

That was mu initial though I guess I was just looking for confirmation. Unless it gets really flighty I doubt I'll mess with them.

Thanks everyone for your input. Now to find the time to get this stuff installed. It'll be the biggest project the Jeep has seen in a few years..haha.

BaddestCross

I recently added a 3/4" spacer to the front. If it messed with the caster, it wasn't enough to notice. It did throw the steering wheel off center a bit though. I'm guessing you'll probably be fine... You'll know for sure once you swap them out and go for a drive. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom