Noise

Kaylasiemon

Replaced my ball joints, brake pads, & rotors. I only had time to do one side. I went on a quick drive afterwards & noticed a noise when my wheels are spinning. Any ideas? Kind of a grinding noise

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
Replaced my ball joints, brake pads, & rotors. I only had time to do one side. I went on a quick drive afterwards & noticed a noise when my wheels are spinning. Any ideas? Kind of a grinding noise

Check the dust shields for contact on the back of the rotors. They are pretty easy to bend in a brake job and they sound terrible when it happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kaylasiemon

Check the dust shields for contact on the back of the rotors. They are pretty easy to bend in a brake job and they sound terrible when it happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you for the response! The brake pads seem very tight so I thought maybe that was happening because it they need to grind down a little. I wasn’t sure. I will check that though!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the response! The brake pads seem very tight so I thought maybe that was happening because it they need to grind down a little. I wasn’t sure. I will check that though!

"grind down a little"?? What did you grind down?

Top Bottom