Tone ring not lining up with speed sensor, rear axle shaft swap.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hi all,
I am swapping axle shafts in the rear today, I got one in. I noticed the speed sensor isn’t lining up with the tone ring the same way as it does with factory shafts. Almost looks like the the tone rings are pressing in too much.
Here’s factory
IMG_7538.jpg
Here’s with Carbon off-road shaft
IMG_7537.jpg

Looks like the sensor still be able to read the ring but, I am not sure [emoji848]. Did anybody run into this when swapping axle shafts. If so, did it cause any problems with abs?

fiend

Caught the Bug
There’s still a good amount of overlap between the sensor and the tone ring. I suspect you’ll find that everything works fine.

jdofmemi

Looks like it will still work.

My tone ring was loose and fell off. I pushed it back on carefully, but after one trip I have a code again. Haven't checked yet, but I bet it fell off again.

I may try to epoxy it.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
There’s still a good amount of overlap between the sensor and the tone ring. I suspect you’ll find that everything works fine.

Looks like it will still work.

My tone ring was loose and fell off. I pushed it back on carefully, but after one trip I have a code again. Haven't checked yet, but I bet it fell off again.

I may try to epoxy it.

Thanks guys, I’ll just proceed with the other side. Worst case I just have to take everything back out and go back to stock lol.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom