Stubborn Diff cover removal

Chris1015

I've been hacking away at my prorock diff cover up front to try and drain my fluid. I have a dead blow, I've taken razor to the outside layers sticking off the sides, tried wedging a screw driver in and I'm not getting any where. Used the screw driver on the backside and dead blow to try and nail/hammer it loose. Took a regular hammer and gorilla taped the edge and was border line chipping the cover.

What else can I do besides scream and demand it pry itself off?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Heat it up with a propane torch and use a sharp chisel. This is actually why I only used permatex "the right stuff" 1 time. After beating the hell out of my diff to remove the cover I decided to go back to standard RTV that I have never had a leak with. When I want to service my diff I want to be able to get the cover off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've done my ProRock about 5 times now with right stuff 1minute with no issues. I just dead blow hammer it in the same spot repeatedly until it breaks free. Glad you got it off though.

Chris1015

I've done my ProRock about 5 times now with right stuff 1minute with no issues. I just dead blow hammer it in the same spot repeatedly until it breaks free. Glad you got it off though.
I'm kind of stuck with what I have for this time now so I wont bitch next time I remove lol. Thats kinda what I did too. Just got heated up and started smacking away at it. Kept seeing more and more leak and kept it going.

Chris1015

If I ran an oil change/diff fluid removal service people may die in the waiting room for service or by the time their done be claiming social security checks. 🤪

Top Bottom