My JK... More than JUST a Jeep

aaronstephen

I'm sure this will be a slow build but I thought I'd share my progress here. This is how she sits currently except I've installed Rubi Sliders since this picture.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362657706.640299.jpg

- aaron

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

White_JKU

You will be amazed how fast even a slow build will develop... Seems like yesterday when I traded my stock 2011 JKU for my 2012 JKU and started my build with a 2.5" BB and blemish 35's.
I just installed my. Rancho 9000XL,s yesterday and am waiting on my metalcloak springs to arrive.
I'm on a very tight budget as I'm just a police officer with an expensive (for me) vehicle. Things are slowly turning around and my rig is growing into the vehicle of my dreams. Made a lot of memories with it so far and hope to continue making many many more

aaronstephen

so I got busy on the Jeep today and installed a new bumper. Still waiting on the grill guard that goes with it. But it's already looking much better.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362686983.701459.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362687017.752899.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362687034.401595.jpg

- aaron

aaronstephen

installed a hood decal like the one in the Arctic Edition.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362759941.132171.jpg

- aaron

aaronstephen

Ok. I finished the front and I have a question.

The Jeep looks level and I haven't even raised the back yet. Should I just leave it how it sits? Especially since I'll be putting a winch on the front end as well?

- aaron

LGPow2006

Welcome to the wait for the grill guard....mine on back order since early Feb....mounted winch on that bumper totaled almost 200 lbs out there....drives great on road now... Btw I tried two suppliers no luck guess we wait

Sent from my iPad using Wayalife Mobile instead of working on or wheeling
my Jeep

aaronstephen

So do you think I should just leave it how it sits?

The front measures 7.5" from top of the tire to bottom of the fender. Back is 6.5".

- aaron

LGPow2006

I guess it is personal choice.... I like how mine sits. My lift was installed before I bought my jeep (or knew anything of jeeps). I measured front lift at 2 in. I suspect it was a 2.5 BB so I am a little nose down now... ... It's my jeep so I go with what I like

Sent from my iPad using Wayalife Mobile instead of working on or wheeling
my Jeep

aaronstephen

I hear ya. I threw 3/4 inch spacers in the back. I feel better now. Sounds messed up I know. Anyway. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Still looks level and it gives me just a tad more room in the rear

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

- aaron

JKBANDIT55

I added 1" teraflex spacers to my 2.5" coil lift to clear my 35s without rubbing full flexed.

I think my lift total now is about 3" as my 2.5" coils really only gave me about 2".

Anyway I like it this way. My goal was to find the perfect amount of lift needed without rubbing. I'm not a fan of sky high jeeps. I must say, I think it's perfect now :) and with the 2012, at full flex my DS boot still has room so it won't rip. but any more than 3" and I would of needed the exhaust spacer.

Top pic is 35s with just my 2.5" coils. Bottom is with the added 1" spacers.

image-1701085217.jpg

image-4085208858.jpg

JKBANDIT55

Sorry to the OP. I thought I posted my above post in the "what was done to your jeep this week" ill delete my post when I can get to a computer. Don't know how to do it on my phone.

Sorry man

aaronstephen

So I didn't realize how much better just a small amount of lift (2.5") can look until I parked next to this stock black JK.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362949107.152708.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362949126.785253.jpg

- aaron

Top Bottom