EVO control arm adjustment

rockwell

Installing my Enforcer kit tomorrow and I was looking at the control arms. I know how to adjust them, I just don’t understand what jams up against the Johnny Joint to tighten it up. I know the pinch bolt secures the adjustment sleeve, but what stops the Johnny Joint from moving? Probably a dumb question, that’s self explanatory when I install them, but I just cant see how it’s done

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Installing my Enforcer kit tomorrow and I was looking at the control arms. I know how to adjust them, I just don’t understand what jams up against the Johnny Joint to tighten it up. I know the pinch bolt secures the adjustment sleeve, but what stops the Johnny Joint from moving? Probably a dumb question, that’s self explanatory when I install them, but I just cant see how it’s done

It's supposed to pivot even when the control arm bolt is torqued. The pivoting motion is an advantage to the joint, less binding. The bigass jam nut will keep the threaded part of the joint from rotating within the steel control arm though.

Benito

Caught the Bug

You need to align the slit in the adjustment sleeve with the slit on the control arm so that the pinch bolt pinches them both. If you have the adjustment sleeve ran all the way in the pinch bolt won’t be able to clamp down on the Johnny joint.

It's supposed to pivot even when the control arm bolt is torqued. The pivoting motion is an advantage to the joint, less binding. The bigass jam nut will keep the threaded part of the joint from rotating within the steel control arm though.

The Evo control arms don’t have jam nuts, they have an adjustment sleeve that allows you to adjust them without dropping the control arm. A pinch bolt is used to clamp the sleeve and the Johnny joint.

Last edited:

CCTX50

I am going to be installing this lift soon also. I am looking to get any tips to on installing this. I have the Enforcer Stage 2 with the flip kit. Wish there was an install video out there like Eddie does on some other installs.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I am going to be installing this lift soon also. I am looking to get any tips to on installing this. I have the Enforcer Stage 2 with the flip kit. Wish there was an install video out there like Eddie does on some other installs.

Enforcers Unite!
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=8667

Check out the thread above. Lots of good info in there. I’ve never lifted a Jeep before and super sketched about drilling and cutting but it’s really not that bad. The provided instructions and the enforcers unite thread should tell you all you need to know. Just make sure you have everything you need before you start and have fun with it. I learned a TON when I did mine.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Pinch bolt doesn't keep the johnny joint from rotating. Mine are always askew. It's cosmetic though, the joint can't turn more than a few degrees so it won't change the adjustment length of the arms.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Pinch bolt doesn't keep the johnny joint from rotating. Mine are always askew. It's cosmetic though, the joint can't turn more than a few degrees so it won't change the adjustment length of the arms.

It does on my EVO LAs and it did on my Evo Enforcer SAs. You have to drive out the adjustment sleeve and line up the cut out in the adjustment sleeve and control arm.

zimm

Caught the Bug
It does on my EVO LAs and it did on my Evo Enforcer SAs. You have to drive out the adjustment sleeve and line up the cut out in the adjustment sleeve and control arm.

I'm pretty sure I have my adjustment sleeves all the way in. I thought it looked stronger that way. I may just drop them and try it your way.

Top Bottom