Bought aftermarket HU and iDatalink. Keep UConnect?

kravnh

Hi all,

So, I just bought a Pioneer AVH-2440NEX and an iDatalink Maestro RR to replace my 430N in my '14 JKUR with Alpine system. The Maestro will allow me to keep UConnect for hands-free calling, but I can also flash the Maestro firmware to disable the UConnect, and then I can use the mic that comes with the Pioneer for hands-free calling. The obvious things here are that UConnect is already installed and operational, whereas I would have to install the mic, including finding the best place to run the mic wire and place the mic. My question is, who here has done either, and is there an improvement in using the aftermarket bluetooth mic through the Pioneer? I haven't begun the install yet, so I'd love to minimize trial and error and hear some advice/suggestions/tales of woe.

Thanks!
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raginkgin1

I have the the AVICSYNC 8200 with the idatalink and use the Pioneer Mic. Here is my mount point. IMG_1095.JPG With this install I notice a slight delay in being able to talk once a call is made.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I believe I tried keeping the uconnect when I did my idatalink. It wasn’t really working properly if I remember right. I just switched to aftermarket mic that came with my pioneer unit, I had people tell me they can hear me more clearly now while using the hands free.
For mounting the mic, I ditched the factory mic, cut out a slot in the little factory slotted mic cover panel, superglued the orbital part of the mic base into it. Looks really clean, if I won’t forget I can snap a photo later when I get home. Ping me if I forget, I’ll be around the Jeep preparing for a trip next couple days.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Uconnect sucks. I flashed and used the pioneer software. It's faster and better. No more "Da-Du!" or whatever stupid beep it had.

Top Bottom