Axle questions ?

mrmet1983

I'm getting my 2013 jku this month and plan on putting the evo coil overs in front and evo lever in the back with the long arm upgrade kit. Now my question is that I plan to put in dynatrac 60s in font and back if I put the lift on with the stock rubicon axles than later put in the pro rock 60s am I creating more problems for myself or should I just wait till I have both axles than do everything in one shot. On a side note I'm getting mine with an auto trans do any of you guys running autos with 37"+ tires have upgraded transmissions or will the stock rubi tranny do fine and money isn't really an issue at this point been saving for 7 years for this so I'm going all the way with this build. Thanks guys

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you install it now and then upgrade your axles later, you will need to have new brackets installed on the new axle.

mrmet1983

That's what I figured but that's not really a big issue , now what about the tranny do you recommend upgrading it

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm getting my 2013 jku this month and plan on putting the evo coil overs in front and evo lever in the back with the long arm upgrade kit. Now my question is that I plan to put in dynatrac 60s in font and back if I put the lift on with the stock rubicon axles than later put in the pro rock 60s am I creating more problems for myself or should I just wait till I have both axles than do everything in one shot. On a side note I'm getting mine with an auto trans do any of you guys running autos with 37"+ tires have upgraded transmissions or will the stock rubi tranny do fine and money isn't really an issue at this point been saving for 7 years for this so I'm going all the way with this build. Thanks guys

You've been saving about as long as the Mets have been trying to make the playoffs again. :cheesy:

Looks like you are going to have a nice build. :thumb: I think you'll be fine with the stock transmission. I have not heard of people upgrading it unless they swap out the engine. I run mine with 37s and have for 15K+ miles.

I can't wait to see it evolve.

mrmet1983

Haha touché well I love my mets almost as much as my jeeps lol but it's hard to be a mets fan in Yankee town lol yea this is my dream build cant wait to get started I'm hoping to have everything done by the summer and be able to take a trip out west maybe hit the trails with you guys

Top Bottom