Next upgrade

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Want to step up to more technical trails out here in California .. have been running Miller Jeep, Gold Mountain, Cleghorn etc but want to try John Bull, Rubicon, Dusy, Swamp Lake and others soon ...

JKUR has a 2.5” coil lift, sliders, engine and trans and fuel tank skids, bumpers, winch, diff covers, LCA skids, and on 35s

Am I good to go or are there other mods suggested for the tougher trails? . It’s my daily so not keen on damage . Have noticed the 2.5 isn’t quite enough clearance and scrapes sometimes .

Considering high clearance exhaust, Evap skid or relo, and perhaps adding some height with stiffer or longer coils . Would love your thoughts

IMG_9985.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I don’t know about Dusy or Swamp Lake, but you can do Rubicon and John Bull with your present set up.

If you want more clearance, get taller springs. There are some EVO 4” springs on Craigslist now in SoCal.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

If you go taller, you'll have to be prepared to start throwing more money into driveshafts, adjustable arms, etc. Like fiend said, you'll be fine with your current setup with a good spotter and line choice.

I do recommend the evap skid (or relo) and getting rid of the trash can hanging underneath your Jeep as you WILL crush it on those trails. Ask me how I know. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
You're good to go. The rig will always scrape, that's what rock crawling is. Driver and spotter training will go a long way.

WJCO

Meme King
If you go taller, you'll have to be prepared to start throwing more money into driveshafts, adjustable arms, etc. Like fiend said, you'll be fine with your current setup with a good spotter and line choice.

I do recommend the evap skid (or relo) and getting rid of the trash can hanging underneath your Jeep as you WILL crush it on those trails. Ask me how I know. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Agreed with this. Keep it low, pick good lines, protect the EVAP canister.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I don’t know about Dusy or Swamp Lake, but you can do Rubicon and John Bull with your present set up.

If you want more clearance, get taller springs. There are some EVO 4” springs on Craigslist now in SoCal.

Was thinking of swapping the TF2.5 coils for Evo 3” plush ride or AEV 3.5 coils . Other than the extended brake lines .. would I need anything else ? Think the Rancho 9000s can still work .

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I swapped out my 3” BDS coils for the 3” plush rides, rides nice on the road and handles well off road, if you change your coils that would be my suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I swapped out my 3” BDS coils for the 3” plush rides, rides nice on the road and handles well off road, if you change your coils that would be my suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice with my current setup, I have the TF 2.5” coil lift but have added front adjustable track bar, core 4x4 adj LCAs, JE Reel front DS . Thinking of emulating stage 2 enforcer by swapping out coils for 3” plush rides , adding rear upper CAs and extended SS brake lines .

Would that be a solid setup ? What else is needed ?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Also I have the JE Reels DS for 0-2.5” lift . The next size up is for 4-6” lift . Quadratec said the 0-2.5” would work for up to 3” lift . Is that correct ? Hoping I wouldn’t have to switch DS again after swapping coils

fiend

Caught the Bug
Was thinking of swapping the TF2.5 coils for Evo 3” plush ride or AEV 3.5 coils . Other than the extended brake lines .. would I need anything else ? Think the Rancho 9000s can still work .

It would be on the margin, but I think you should consider a raised track bar bracket and a drag link flip with a 3” or 3.5” lift. The Jeep would handle better.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
It would be on the margin, but I think you should consider a raised track bar bracket and a drag link flip with a 3” or 3.5” lift. The Jeep would handle better.

Got it . Seems like consensus is synergy weld on front track bar relo bracket and drag link flip kit with my adjustable front track bar . Need to save for that along with Evo coils and brake lines . Will be a gradual project then .

fiend

Caught the Bug
Got it . Seems like consensus is synergy weld on front track bar relo bracket and drag link flip kit with my adjustable front track bar . Need to save for that along with Evo coils and brake lines . Will be a gradual project then .

Weld on would be best, but I ran the synergy bolt on bracket on my stock 44 front for several years with no issues.

I am still using the synergy bolt on track bar bracket for the rear 44. It’s been through everything at Big Bear, Rubicon, Moab, etc. and has been flawless.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Adjustable upper rear arms will enable you to raise your pinion to align it with your driveshaft, which is what you want to do if you have an aftermarket double Carden shaft.

NeverLost00

MBRP and magnaflow make high clearance exhaust. I have had my MBRP for almost 4 years and still love it. Some may say its loud, I would call it mild. Other than that, have you looked at brakes and ball joints?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
MBRP and magnaflow make high clearance exhaust. I have had my MBRP for almost 4 years and still love it. Some may say its loud, I would call it mild. Other than that, have you looked at brakes and ball joints?

Installed ball joints when I sleeved and gusseted the front axle .

Brake pads are about 50 percent ...will be doing a brake fluid flush and pads and rotors around 50k .

Def interested in high clearance exhaust which may be next ..

Just picked up a poison spyder evap skid and bartact seat covers . Going in this weekend

Top Bottom