Battery Insulation Mod

I got tired of having to replace my battery every year or two. I think the heat under the hood of my ‘07 has to be a factor in the life of a battery. I decided to try this mod after I saw an insulation jacket over the battery on a Ram truck. Do any of you guys think this might help extend the battery life?

IMG_2485.jpg

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
That's kind of scary looking. Makes me think of a possible fire starter. IMO

I am sure it's fire retardant, but I wouldn't bother.

What kind of batteries are you buying?

Bear_JT

Hooked
Maybe just one that goes around the sides would be sufficient. If you think about it, heat rises so the top of the battery should be fine. On my dads Ram with the Cummins the battery blankets cover the top as well but that’s on a diesel that really takes a lot of draw to start so in cold temps it probably helps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
The battery I’ve bought the last couple of times were from Advance Auto Parts.

There are better batteries out ther but not cheap, odyssey, agm, optima. Some run dual batteries, guess it depends on if you have added any accessories? They do make regular blankets to wrap around your battery also.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I have had the same battery for over 5 years, and where I live summers get in the triple digits and winters below zero. If I had to guess I would think maybe you could find a better battery.
I would pass on all that insulation as the gassing from the battery charging mixed with the ability of that insulation to trap it could be a recipe for disaster.

I think you’re gonna light your Jeep on fire. Blankets and battery warmers are to keep batteries from getting cold, that’s why batteries are rated at cca’s cold cranking amps. I agree with everyone else on the quality battery statement, except optima those are crap now. Most cheaper batteries are made from recycled batteries so their lifespan tends to be shorter. I’ve had decent life out of advance auto silver and gold batteries in frequently driven vehicles but they don’t last over winter without a tender in stored vehicles. Plus there’s always a 20% code for online orders.

Top Bottom