Egt gauge set up?

Oreo_penguin536

I hope this is the right area for this post. Anyway, I’m working on getting my truck up to par and I just got an egt gauge for it. Problem is, the probe itself will slide in and out of the bung that is supposed to hold it in place when it’s in the manifold. Was curious if anyone had any experience with this or is it a thing were when you tighten it and the bung will clamp down on it as t gets tighter?

I’m scared to start drilling, I don’t want to put a 1/2” size hole and not have a way to plug it[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
Typically the probe will tighten when you screw it in but it’s not from the bung tightening. You should be able to adjust how far in you place it and tighten it up from there. Are you placing your probe in the exhaust piping or manifold (pre or post turbo)? Also once you drill and place your bung if you ever needed to you can always cap it off with a brass or stainless cap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tumbleweed

Grease the drill and tap. Chips will stick to the grease. Also idle the engine so exhaust gases will blow out the chips.

Top Bottom