Evo leveling kit questions-alignment, sag with weight, geometry

BobNH

Good morning. These questions are specific to the 2 door model, though I see there is no difference in front end for 4 door, so relatable information there is also appreciated.
I have been doing a bunch of research, and found a lot of threads here and a few not here, but have not found much recent or applicable information.
My goal is to delete the rake (which my 08 Rubi was not inflicted with) on my 2012 Sahara 2 door. I do not plan in any near future to go above 33" tires, and am presently running 32" tires. I am also planning on just a winch and the Rock Hard factory bumper winch, so looking at maybe 80 to 90 lbs, estimating plate to be about 25 lbs, maybe closer to 100 pounds total weight.
I have looked a bit at the 2" Rancho Sport kit, but it sounds as though weight in the front can cause some sagging as well so spacers may be needed.
So the round about route brought me to Evo, and this place seems to be the most knowledgable on the system, so my hope is some has a similar application.
So my list of questions:
Will the 100 lb weight bring this down to level? A lot of input says they get close to 3" with this, but I want to know if the minimal extra weight I have will be enough.
Will an alignment be required?
Steering wheel adjustment necessary?
The instructions say to remove front drive shaft at the diff. Is that required, or just added droop for install and/or intended to protect exhaust during install?
Will axle geo be affected? Meaning lwft to right movement/location of center? I had this with a 2" spacer lift on my TJ, but it didn't have oodles of electronics to deal with like the JK, where steering and angle input seems much more critical.
I have a feeling a lot of the information will end up being of the YMMV variety, but still figured asking for more application specific advice/input would still be a good approach.
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bear_JT

Hooked
I would say it already sits pretty level with the EVO kit and 100 lbs shouldn’t make too much of a difference. I don’t think mine squats very much with me on the front bumper and I’m over 100.

I haven’t done an alignment and everything tracks straight and steering wheel is straight.

I left my drive shaft connected and did the install in my driveway with a floor jack and two jack stands. The driveshaft will contact the exhaust but it’s nothing major.

You might notice a slight shift on the front axle but nothing too noticeable. That’s what adjustable trac bars fix. You should be very happy with an EVO leveling kit. I know I have been as well as several others on here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Good morning. These questions are specific to the 2 door model, though I see there is no difference in front end for 4 door, so relatable information there is also appreciated.
I have been doing a bunch of research, and found a lot of threads here and a few not here, but have not found much recent or applicable information.
My goal is to delete the rake (which my 08 Rubi was not inflicted with) on my 2012 Sahara 2 door. I do not plan in any near future to go above 33" tires, and am presently running 32" tires. I am also planning on just a winch and the Rock Hard factory bumper winch, so looking at maybe 80 to 90 lbs, estimating plate to be about 25 lbs, maybe closer to 100 pounds total weight.
I have looked a bit at the 2" Rancho Sport kit, but it sounds as though weight in the front can cause some sagging as well so spacers may be needed.
So the round about route brought me to Evo, and this place seems to be the most knowledgable on the system, so my hope is some has a similar application.
So my list of questions:
Will the 100 lb weight bring this down to level? A lot of input says they get close to 3" with this, but I want to know if the minimal extra weight I have will be enough.
Will an alignment be required?
Steering wheel adjustment necessary?
The instructions say to remove front drive shaft at the diff. Is that required, or just added droop for install and/or intended to protect exhaust during install?
Will axle geo be affected? Meaning lwft to right movement/location of center? I had this with a 2" spacer lift on my TJ, but it didn't have oodles of electronics to deal with like the JK, where steering and angle input seems much more critical.
I have a feeling a lot of the information will end up being of the YMMV variety, but still figured asking for more application specific advice/input would still be a good approach.
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I can’t speak about the EVO kit as I made my own spacer lift and shock extensions. Regardless of the direction you go, you won’t need an alignment, but you will need to adjust your steering wheel back to center. I didn’t need to drop the drive shaft, but I only installed 2 1/2” spacers at the front. My winch is installed inside my stock JK bumper with a DIY mounting plate, weighed in at 100lbs and brought the front end down about 3/4” with stock sport springs. To get my JKU level, I added only 1” spacers to the rear. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom