Kargo master Congo pro

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I got a Kargo Master Sport but I can add the Pro accessories except the welded on handles by the window posts.

ryno1035

I picked one up early this year and it has 4 bolts at each point where the bars connect the rear hoop to the back hoop. All photos I’ve seen both last year and this year have 6 bolts at each connection. Let me try to upload som pics

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ryno1035

I brought this to kargo masters attention when I went to install them and after a couple of weeks of back and forth emails, in which I had to force a response every time time, they told me that they changed their way they fabbed these from 6 bolt to 4 bolt since decided they didn’t really need the extra 30% strength at the connections. I told them it sounded sketchy and would continue to follow other builds to see if they were feeding crap or had really changed design.

ryno1035

I picked it up because I saw it on another jeep where I work and thought the same thing it’s built like a tank. Then mine arrived with a different design and honestly it doesn’t feel as solid as the one with 6 bolts. That’s why I wanted to see if anyone had purchased one lately and see if they really did redesign or did I get one built on a Friday

BaddestCross

I picked it up because I saw it on another jeep where I work and thought the same thing it’s built like a tank. Then mine arrived with a different design and honestly it doesn’t feel as solid as the one with 6 bolts. That’s why I wanted to see if anyone had purchased one lately and see if they really did redesign or did I get one built on a Friday

Does their website still show 6 bolts? I'd probably call them up and ask them.

Regardless, it's still the beefiest rack on the market as far as I know. I went with it because of the 2" tubing... Smaller tubing or square tubing just didn't look right to me on a Jeep.

If I were to guess, the lack of the center bolt wouldn't degrade the capacity or propose for which it was made because of the design of the clamp, but the side to side strength of the clamp may not be as strong.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

ryno1035

Website shows 6 bolts in all photos. I spent a couple weeks calling and emailing them about it. Originally everyone at kargo masters I talked to said it comes with 6 bolts and they weren’t sure how got one with4. Also it was shipped directly from them so not a knock off. They finally ended up saying that they had just redesigned it so recently that no one else knew about it and that now all clamps were being manufactured with just 4 bolts. I told them I would check on it later since it seemed like a blow-off hence this thread. So if anyone has purchased one recently please chime in! Thx !

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Well I purchased my Kargo Sport rack last Xmas sale, but it's very sturdy, i use my RTT on it, no problems. Mine only has two bolts on the end.

Attachments

• 20180903_165204.jpg
    20180903_165204.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 59

ryno1035

The sport racks are nice too. I wanted the 850lb capacity because I hit the Home Depot alot but the side motion makes me nervous. Mines not as stable as the others I’ve seen

Top Bottom