Bump stops

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Smashed my 6 week old rancho steering stabilizer, replacing it with another Rancho and got the relocation bracket kit. Kit says you need atleast 2” bump stops, I have a 3” lift and want to make sure I have enough bump stop to prevent stuffing the bracket into other parts underneath. The passenger tire seems to rub alot when stuffed where as the drivers side very rarely rubs.
Now for the dumb question: where do I measure from to know if I have enough bump stop?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Smashed my 6 week old rancho steering stabilizer, replacing it with another Rancho and got the relocation bracket kit. Kit says you need atleast 2” bump stops, I have a 3” lift and want to make sure I have enough bump stop to prevent stuffing the bracket into other parts underneath. The passenger tire seems to rub alot when stuffed where as the drivers side very rarely rubs.
Now for the dumb question: where do I measure from to know if I have enough bump stop?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Best way to accurately measure that is to pull the coil and cycle your suspension to see when the bracket hits. For measuring take it from the top of your bottom bump stop to the bottom of the metal cup the stock top bump sits in (the stock yellow top one compresses nearly flat)

Or of the kit says you need min 2" and your running a 3" lift with I'm assuming 3" bump stops then you are probably fine. But you'll have to cycle it to k ow for sure and the easiest way to do that in your garage is to pull the coil.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The rubber pretty much compresses flat, so don't include that when you measure. Go from metal to metal.

DSC07727.jpg

Top Bottom