Steering dead spot

Nosduj

I have a 2008 jkur, It’s got a dead spot in the steering at 12 o’clock. I’ve replaced my steering components with the metalcloak tie bar and drag link and I have jks track bars that are adjusted correctly. I’m also running the metalcloak adjustable arms and 4” of lift with the castor at 5* even. Any other items that I should look into before buying a steering box?

J

JKDream

I have a 2008 jkur, It’s got a dead spot in the steering at 12 o’clock. I’ve replaced my steering components with the metalcloak tie bar and drag link and I have jks track bars that are adjusted correctly. I’m also running the metalcloak adjustable arms and 4” of lift with the castor at 5* even. Any other items that I should look into before buying a steering box?

Check your alignment (toe in/out) if you've confirmed no linkages are worn.
While it's possible your steering box is just showing wear, it's more likely the above issue.
One way to check the steering box though is to turn the steering wheel while someone watches the steering shaft - and pitman arm to see if they are turning in sync or delayed.

Top Bottom