Quick disco install question

JKEmmy

Hey guys, picked up a pair of metalcloak quick disconnects. I currently have a 3.5in aev lift with the geometry kit installed. The geometry kit has a set of brackets that lower the control arms and keeps the track bar in the proper position and so on. The brackets also moves the sway bar links up to use the stock bars. These metalcloak bars are adjustable but they don't go that short. The driver side I can just remove the bracket. But the passenger side is one bracket for track bar and the steering stabilizer as well as the sway bar link. My idea is to drill a hole at a lower point to install the quick disconnect. My concern is if it will be an issue with it down inside the bracket a bit. The sway bar links shouldn't have any side to side play right? I posted a picture here to show my idea and the bracket. Thanks everyone! 15364270443008388924804330026957.jpg
15364271914476167425742175538206.jpg

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I don't see why that would be a problem. They will be disconnected if you will be flexing a lot anyway.

jdofmemi

Drill the new hole, make sure it's even with the left, and if the link hits, trim the top of the bracket where the current hole is. You won't need it there anymore at that point.

JKEmmy

Awesome thanks guys. Unfortunately I can't get it even with the OEM hole. The bracket mounts to it. It shouldn't matter if the bars are different lengths as long as the sway bar is even on both sides right?

Top Bottom