Synergy MFG Control Arms?

Okay, so I run basically a Stage 2 Synergy MFG 3" kit on my JKU. The have everything except for the F&R Lower control arms that come with the stage 2 kit.

My question is, should I order the front and rear lower fixed length Synergy control arms to complete the kit how Synergy designed?

OR, should I order the Fixed length front and not worry about the rears?

OR, should I go for the rear uppers and front lowers even though I am not and will not run a rear Double-Cardan aftermarket DS? (Do i really need to be worried about rear pinion angle with only 3" of lift on a 4 door)

Here is a link to the Stage 2 kit,
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jk-stage-2-suspension-system-3-lift.html?category_id=4055

jesse3638

Hooked
Okay, so I run basically a Stage 2 Synergy MFG 3" kit on my JKU. The have everything except for the F&R Lower control arms that come with the stage 2 kit.

My question is, should I order the front and rear lower fixed length Synergy control arms to complete the kit how Synergy designed?

OR, should I order the Fixed length front and not worry about the rears?

OR, should I go for the rear uppers and front lowers even though I am not and will not run a rear Double-Cardan aftermarket DS? (Do i really need to be worried about rear pinion angle with only 3" of lift on a 4 door)

Here is a link to the Stage 2 kit,
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jk-stage-2-suspension-system-3-lift.html?category_id=4055
If I were ordering aftermarket CA's uppers or lowers I would not get fixed length. You'd want adjustable to correct caster in front and to adjust DS angle in the rear if you run an aftermarket double cardan shaft. I see you plan on not running one but things change. I was going to stay on 35's too...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If I were ordering aftermarket CA's uppers or lowers I would not get fixed length. You'd want adjustable to correct caster in front and to adjust DS angle in the rear if you run an aftermarket double cardan shaft. I see you plan on not running one but things change. I was going to stay on 35's too...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I'm bumping up to 37s very soon, just trying to prepare. I have a set of Teraflex adjustable front lowers but they're toasted. I was just thinking, if Synergy includes them i the stage 2 kit, shouldn't they be pretty good? They say they'll put it at 5 degrees of caster with their 3" lift, I'm running 5.5 degrees right now with the Teraflex's. I think it will be ok?
This is my third lift and I am not going to change it probably ever, that's why I'm leaning fixed, the synergy stuff is quality and beef.

fiend

Caught the Bug
The synergy front lowers are longer than stock. That will help, with a lift, to maintain appropriate caster. Maybe that’s all you’ll need with a 3” lift. But adjustable lowers or uppers are nice.

TheGrendel

i like synergy stuff. but, i see no point in going with the fixed length CAs. get adjustable to dial in your setup no matter you run.

J

JKDream

The synergy front lowers are longer than stock. That will help, with a lift, to maintain appropriate caster. Maybe that’s all you’ll need with a 3” lift. But adjustable lowers or uppers are nice.

I had these with a 3.5" lift, worked great. I only needed adjustable (uppers) once I got my ProRock because of the built in separation.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I had these with a 3.5" lift, worked great. I only needed adjustable (uppers) once I got my ProRock because of the built in separation.

I have the synergy fixed lowers and adjustable uppers. I was able to dial in acceptable caster with a 4.5” lift on the stock axle. Later, I got the PR44 with the extra caster (current set up). The synergy arms are still holding up fine.

J

JKDream

I have the synergy fixed lowers and adjustable uppers. I was able to dial in acceptable caster with a 4.5” lift on the stock axle. Later, I got the PR44 with the extra caster (current set up). The synergy arms are still holding up fine.

Yep. I should probably clarify I still have the fixed lowers, still no issues. I just needed adjustables as they gave me too much caster with the PR44.

I have a UD44, which they claim has "Improved caster." Will this throw off the caster numbers with the fixed arms compared to the stock axle?

Will I get something crazy like 7 degrees of caster on the UD44 but 5 degrees on the stock axle with the exact same length lower control arm?

I don’t know what “improved caster” means. Do you?

Lol I think they mean that the axle has some extra separation between the caster angle/pinion angle. If I used the same length control arm that wouldn't change the actual caster numbers though, right?

fiend

Caught the Bug
The longer lower arms and stock upper arms probably would get you to about 4 degrees caster (stock is 4.2 degrees) with a 3” lift on a stock axle. I don’t know how many degrees extra, if any, you get with “improved caster.” If it has more caster than stock, you probably should get some adjustable uppers so you can dial in the caster.

Wheatbackdigger

Yeah I'm bumping up to 37s very soon, just trying to prepare. I have a set of Teraflex adjustable front lowers but they're toasted. I was just thinking, if Synergy includes them i the stage 2 kit, shouldn't they be pretty good? They say they'll put it at 5 degrees of caster with their 3" lift, I'm running 5.5 degrees right now with the Teraflex's. I think it will be ok?
This is my third lift and I am not going to change it probably ever, that's why I'm leaning fixed, the synergy stuff is quality and beef.

Measure the Teraflex arms eye to eye as they are adjusted on your Jeep and bump that against the length of the Synergy fixed length arms. That should give you a good idea if they’ll work or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I called Dave and he clarified. Because I already have a set of Teraflex Front adj LCAs, but they're toast. I think I will go with the Synergy adjustable front lowers and adjustable rear uppers for now. Then maybe purchase a fixed rear lower set to help center/push out the rear axle a bit when I go with 37s.

Top Bottom