Tuff stuff

NatedTJ

Well I found a website that sells tuff stuff winches for a good price and anyone have personal experiences with them I heard some good things. Any one got some in puts!?!!? :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're the same thing as everything else out there that's not a WARN, Milemarker or Superwinch. Basically a Smittybilt or TMAX or the like.

NatedTJ

So good for every so often use.... Also $239 for the 9.5 and 275for the 12.5 ... So the pricing is not to big of a difference should I go big or is that over kill?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So good for every so often use.... Also $239 for the 9.5 and 275for the 12.5 ... So the pricing is not to big of a difference should I go big or is that over kill?

Eh, it's hit or miss with them. Some work great and for a long time and some are DOA. I've tried running cheap Chinese units in the past but found that I depend on my winch too much to run anything less than a WARN.

NatedTJ

Yeah we'll I was thinking that but for the time being I go with groups of 3 or more so this won't be use to to much I will save up for a warn over the next couple months

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah we'll I was thinking that but for the time being I go with groups of 3 or more so this won't be use to to much I will save up for a warn over the next couple months

If you don't really need it right away, I personally would recommend that you save up and get something you can depend on. As it is, you yourself say that it won't get used very often and believe me, there's nothing worse than having a winch that doesn't work when you really need it to.

NatedTJ

If you don't really need it right away, I personally would recommend that you save up and get something you can depend on. As it is, you yourself say that it won't get used very often and believe me, there's nothing worse than having a winch that doesn't work when you really need it to.

True! I may have to do that:) thanks

i picked up the tuff stuff 9.5 at KOH for $250 this year and i have used it a handful of times since then and so far other than wanting synthetic rope i have no complaints other than the clutch doesn't like to free spool without someone holding it in place (fixing) they offer a 3 year warranty and the winch is fully rebuildable so if a part craps out you can just fix the bad part (gears or whatever) i have a JKU and it pulls me pretty fast and doesn't get hot (when used properly) plus it has external power connections so if your vehicle power dies you can run jumper cables to it from another jeep:thumb:. if you are on a budget like i am i would recommend it but if you just want to cut corners and go a cheap way out while having a larger budget i would definitely buy a warn or mile marker type winch

Top Bottom