Plumbing wires

Pezhead1

Is there a drawback to running wires to the back through the framrail? Ive done it to run some rear bumper lights and now Im wondering if it may be a future problem

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
No, in fact it’s a safe way to go if your Jeep sees trails. I would not have any splices inside the rail for your wires. Other than being a PITA at times I’ve run a number of lines and wires down the drivers side frame rail.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Is there a drawback to running wires to the back through the framrail? Ive done it to run some rear bumper lights and now Im wondering if it may be a future problem

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran most of my rock light wiring through the frame rails and don’t see a reason why not too. I just added split loom for protection in areas I thought might see some abrasion such as entering and exiting the frame.

Tanktitan

Treat the frame rail as a conduit and run a fish line when you do this. You may find it convenient for other lines later. I ran a pneumatic line thru the frame rail from my under hood air compressor to a quick connect on the rear bumper. You should “grommet” where the lines enter and exit the frame.

Top Bottom