Bead locks

mallavoider

What model are you running and what do you like about them?
I am thinking of switching rims to beadlocks , but I’m not sure what I should look for? Aluminum or metal? Brand?
I would like to hear from you and learn from your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exodus 4x4

Hutchinson’s are great and easy to mount, but expensive and take a long time to get.

ATX and KMC are good to go and a lot of people run them nowadays.

Trail Ready is a great bead lock but they are on the pricier side of wheels and the lead time is a lot longer than it used to be. The plus is that they actually one of the wheels that can claim 100% made in the USA.

I’ve never seen Battle Born wheels up close but they are a veteran owned company out of Carson City.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
ATX/Wheelpros/KMX wheels are solid. Slabs, Chamber Pro's, Machetes are all great wheels. Trail Ready wheels are made in the US of A and are really nice wheels too plus they are DOT compliant. Walker Evans makes a nice bead lock as well. Lots to choose from.

mallavoider

Hutchinson Rock Monsters. DOT compliant. Made by the people that make the bead lock wheels for the US military.

DOT compliance is important on the fact that if you are getting pulled over and the cop checks compliance? Or because most tire shop don’t balance the tire if they are rim is not DOT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tanktitan

It is pretty unimaginable that any enforcement officer would have a clue that your wheels are, or are not, DOT compliant. To me, it means that the manufacturer took the effort to comply with regulations that are no doubt quite strenuous. Clearly one can make a very good product without complying and can no doubt sell it at a lower cost. There are plenty of people here getting good results from all the wheels mentioned. As for me, the Hutchinson’s give me performance at very low pressure, low pressure is one of the cheapest mods you can do to get performance, so they may be something to consider.

mallavoider

It is pretty unimaginable that any enforcement officer would have a clue that your wheels are, or are not, DOT compliant. To me, it means that the manufacturer took the effort to comply with regulations that are no doubt quite strenuous. Clearly one can make a very good product without complying and can no doubt sell it at a lower cost. There are plenty of people here getting good results from all the wheels mentioned. As for me, the Hutchinson’s give me performance at very low pressure, low pressure is one of the cheapest mods you can do to get performance, so they may be something to consider.

I agree that is one of the best mods you I can do, and be able to see results from that mod right away. This is the main reason as to why I am looking at beadlocks. I normally run my tires at 12-10 psi (on the trail) but I think that in some cases a 8-6 psi would be a better “helping hand”.

Tanktitan

I agree that is one of the best mods you I can do, and be able to see results from that mod right away. This is the main reason as to why I am looking at beadlocks. I normally run my tires at 12-10 psi (on the trail) but I think that in some cases a 8-6 psi would be a better “helping hand”.

Then you definitely need beadlocks, though I am not sure you need to be that low. Maybe others will weigh in. Also, the tire has to be up to the task so it is a balance.

We-B-Jeep-N

Well I will answer your original question. We currently have KMC Machetes. Love the wheels. Paired with NITTO Trail Grapplers. The most amazing thing is that there is not 1 oz. of weights on this combo. Smooth as butter from 2mph-100mph. Not one shimmy or shake. IMG_1409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I will answer your original question. We currently have KMC Machetes. Love the wheels. Paired with NITTO Trail Grapplers. The most amazing thing is that there is not 1 oz. of weights on this combo. Smooth as butter from 2mph-100mph. Not one shimmy or shake.

That’s great to know, can you tell me what size tires and lift you’re running . Great looking rig!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

We-B-Jeep-N

4” Currie springs with custom front 3 link long arm. Running 37” tires. 12” travel rear shocks and 11.75” travel front. Rear has custom mid arm 4 link with geometry correction.

mallavoider

Well I will answer your original question. We currently have KMC Machetes. Love the wheels. Paired with NITTO Trail Grapplers. The most amazing thing is that there is not 1 oz. of weights on this combo. Smooth as butter from 2mph-100mph. Not one shimmy or shake. View attachment 310460

That is great info. Thank you. That is the complete opposite of what I’m running now. So much extra weight around. LOL I’m currently running 37 Toyo M/T Open Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdofmemi

Then you definitely need beadlocks, though I am not sure you need to be that low. Maybe others will weigh in. Also, the tire has to be up to the task so it is a balance.

I find that the "right" pressure depends on a lot of factors such as how heavy your rig is, what the terrain is, and one of the biggest is what brand and load range tires you run.

I am on Goodyear MTRs and they are happy at 12, but stiffer tires won't hardly flex at all at 12 and need to be much lower to get a grip.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm running Raceline Monsters. They've been good for me. I wish they offered the aluminum ring when I purchased mine as I like the look better. Plus the bolt heads are better protected. Although I haven't managed to damage any running the steel ring. Probably need to get out and play more though...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I-Eat-Mud

I'm running DirtyLife Roadkill 9302 beadlocks. They are probably one of the most inexpensive options, and they are beautiful imo. The finish is fantastic, every detail was flawless, and the hardware looked great when they showed up, and they custom drilled my lug pattern for me; great customer service. I know a few guys running them and, none of us have had any problems.

TC1201JK

Hutchinson’s are great and easy to mount, but expensive and take a long time to get.

ATX and KMC are good to go and a lot of people run them nowadays.

Trail Ready is a great bead lock but they are on the pricier side of wheels and the lead time is a lot longer than it used to be. The plus is that they actually one of the wheels that can claim 100% made in the USA.

I’ve never seen Battle Born wheels up close but they are a veteran owned company out of Carson City.

Where are the Hutchinson’s made?

Top Bottom