Front axle shaft u-joint - time to replace them

Guascone

Hi guys, how can I recognize when it is time to replace the front axle shaft u-joint?
Are they replaceble or it is better to replace the complete shaft with cromoly shaft?

I started to hear a sort of toc -toc-toc every tight turn...I replaced the ball joints but the noise is always there...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Hi guys, how can I recognize when it is time to replace the front axle shaft u-joint?
Are they replaceble or it is better to replace the complete shaft with cromoly shaft?

I started to hear a sort of toc -toc-toc every tight turn...I replaced the ball joints but the noise is always there...

Thanks!

U-joints typically make a clicking noise when they are going bad. They are replaceable with regular hand tools. If they are really old you may need a ball joint/ujoint press.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Pull the caps of the new ujoint, slide on circle clips, put caps back on, then press them in. I didn't figure that out until I was done. :doh:

Guascone

I have 35” tires and I’m going to replace them with 37”...probably it would be better if I’ll tell my wife that they aren’t rebuildable...[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Top Bottom