Hard Top Bolts

conner

So I have been curious about this for a while and I am sure this is probably a pretty stupid question, but do you guys leave in the sound bar bolts or do you leave em off? I personally started leaving them off and haven’t noticed any leaks or anything.

boardsurfer

I left them out for quite a while and didnt notice any difference. I dont know what you gain by doing so.. so I put them back in, if nothing else, so I dont lose them lol.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
So I have been curious about this for a while and I am sure this is probably a pretty stupid question, but do you guys leave in the sound bar bolts or do you leave em off? I personally started leaving them off and haven’t noticed any leaks or anything.

It’s my understanding that they are only needed if you’re going to run the freedom panels (for shade) with the rest of the hard top off. I haven’t put mine in for years. Come to think of it, I’m not ever sure where they are? [emoji15]

JKbrick

It’s my understanding that they are only needed if you’re going to run the freedom panels (for shade) with the rest of the hard top off. I haven’t put mine in for years. Come to think of it, I’m not ever sure where they are? [emoji15]

Plus there is a little flipper thing you flip down if you run the panels without the top

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’ll take a burger

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here ya go

Learned something new. I actually went out into the garage and climbed up on my work bench so I could see my freedom tops that are in storage. I was surprised to find those flippers. I never noticed them before. Now I’ll have to find those bolts just so I can try them out someday. Sorry to hear that your 2 doors didn’t come with the cool flipper though. [emoji38]

conner

Learned something new. I actually went out into the garage and climbed up on my work bench so I could see my freedom tops that are in storage. I was surprised to find those flippers. I never noticed them before. Now I’ll have to find those bolts just so I can try them out someday. Sorry to hear that your 2 doors didn’t come with the cool flipper though. [emoji38]

i drive a 4 door. and i don’t think i have the flippers but I definitely might.

MDK210

All freedom panels should have the "flipper". My Wife hates it when the freedom panels are off so when I take the hardtop off I have to flip those things down on the panels so when you screw the two main soundbar bolts back in they don't stress the panels. Basically it acts as the gap that the hardtop would normally create when on the Jeep.

jesse3638

Hooked
All freedom panels should have the "flipper". My Wife hates it when the freedom panels are off so when I take the hardtop off I have to flip those things down on the panels so when you screw the two main soundbar bolts back in they don't stress the panels. Basically it acts as the gap that the hardtop would normally create when on the Jeep.
Hmm I don't recall seeing those. Now I have to go look...haha.

Side note. Ever run a spiderweb shade or something similar? Makes a huge difference in the sun blazing down on you.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MDK210

Hmm I don't recall seeing those. Now I have to go look...haha.

Side note. Ever run a spiderweb shade or something similar? Makes a huge difference in the sun blazing down on you.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
It's the wind that's an issue for the wife so the only way she'll ride in the Jeep without the hardtop is if I have the doors and freedom panels on. I tried running a rear shade for our dog when he's in the back but the one I got from Dirtydog 4x4 is really small and only covered half of the rear space on my 2 door...where our dog never lays down. In addition, my hard top lift works by lifting the top off from the inside so having netting would require me to take it on/off before using the lift. The struggle is real ha.

Top Bottom