Best way to Paint Undercarriage?

Dusty

Putting my lift on yesterday I noticed the paint on my Diff Cover
and other areas shining like a dime due to the paint popping off. What is safe and what is everyone else using to keep it looking good?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I used some high heat flat black but they sell high heat paint in gloss also. Works well and looks good.

zip04

I am interested in this as well. Is the stuff that Quadratec sells to block rust worth the pricetag versus just going and picking up rustoleum?

Dusty

That's what I'm interested in and something I can do on the weekend in the driveway.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sand off any rust and spray away. If you play on rocks it will just get scratched up again. Rinse and repeat. 👍

JK&Beyond

Sand off any rust and spray away. If you play on rocks it will just get scratched up again. Rinse and repeat. 

Yes painting anything on the undercarriage is almost temporary paint because of debris flying around under there, especially when wheeling. I painted mine with high temp rustoleum. I used a sander and a wire brush to prep it and then taped off things I didn't want black or didn't want paint in (like u joints or brakes :doh:) and sprayed it down. Looks real good and now I just use a paint pen to fill in what gets chipped. DON'T rhino line anything but the frame. I saw a guy rhino line his axles and diffs and it got really hot under there.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ben-0

Por-15 is an amazing product that I will stand by and use on all of my important vehicles, I painted the whole undercarriage of my 72 f100 it makes it look show quality even when its dirty and will never rust I plan on doing my jk pretty soon here
100% worth the time effort and money

Veetz

Por-15 is an amazing product that I will stand by and use on all of my important vehicles, I painted the whole undercarriage of my 72 f100 it makes it look show quality even when its dirty and will never rust I plan on doing my jk pretty soon here
100% worth the time effort and money

I will have to agree por 15 is the ultimate in steel protection , did my street rod chassis in it before I put the body on and it's 10 years and it still looks new...you can hit it with a hammers and it won't come off or chip...scraping it on a rock might give it run for its money but the stuff is worth it.note: be sure to seal the can up tight if any air gets to it it will turn into a black rock....quick

Participate in life

Top Bottom