Fuel Overflowing Issue Getting Fixed

Well WAYALIFE was right again! My 2008 JK Unlimited goes in to the dealer on Monday morning to have the fuel overflow issue fixed. The dealer told me as long as i have no BODY lift or fuel tank mods the extended lifetime warranty wont be voided and as long as i only have factory skid plates and no aftermarket parts hindering the fix that it will be 100% free of charge for the service.

btw i am out of my factory warranty with a little over 70,000 miles on my JK

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! Glad to hear it. I'm hoping to finally get my Jeep back from the dealership today. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thats great!! :thumb: did it take them long to do the fix? they told me a whole day

It's supposed to only take about a day to do the fix but, my dealership had been waiting on parts and were working on my transmission at the same time. Needless to say, I've been without my Jeep for just a bit over a month now :grayno:

that sucks i couldn't go that long without my jeep. its hard enough as it is with currie being backordered on their Anti-Rock sway bars and i can't flex my jeep with its new updated lift until i get them cause i need the extended brake lines the sway bars come with...:gaah:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, why not just get new longer brakelines and call it a day? I run coil overs and get 14" of vertical travel out of them and still just run factory sway bars front and rear. An Antirock isn't really necessary and not having one would save you a lot of money :yup:

well i had been running without sway bars for a while when i was stock height (and even with my old lift) just to get some extra travel (really i let a couple "no it all" types talk me into it) till i had a good lift so i left them at my buddies shop and since then they have gone MIA so now with the new lift i want to put sway bars back on so not many options....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well i had been running without sway bars for a while when i was stock height (and even with my old lift) just to get some extra travel (really i let a couple "no it all" types talk me into it) till i had a good lift so i left them at my buddies shop and since then they have gone MIA so now with the new lift i want to put sway bars back on so not many options....

Ask around and I'd be willing to bet you can find a sway bar for free. A lot of guys have upgraded to Antirock's and I'd be willing to bet someone has an old factory one laying around. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ask around and I'd be willing to bet you can find a sway bar for free. A lot of guys have upgraded to Antirock's and I'd be willing to bet someone has an old factory one laying around. :yup:

Speaking of that I just might have some that I just took off my rig. ;)

i definitely will do, i mean i have asked around outside of the forum idk why i never posted up a wanted ad :doh:
so you just run disconnects for the trails or do you stay connected the whole time? i imagine its different with coilovers to no coilovers?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What mounts are you talking about? I am running JKS quick disconnects in the front and longer ones in the rear to accommodate the lift.

What mounts are you talking about? I am running JKS quick disconnects in the front and longer ones in the rear to accommodate the lift.

oh i thought you meant you had sway bars you just pulled off you rig...:thinking: early morning fuzz got me i guess... i meant the mounts for the factory sway bars. this is why i should go to bed after working all night instead of jumping on here...LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, you cant take Moby, Smokey will be lonely!

Not to worry, I just called and now I'm being told that it won't be done until sometime next week. It looks like you might get Smokey before we get Moby :rolleyes2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not to worry, I just called and now I'm being told that it won't be done until sometime next week. It looks like you might get Smokey before we get Moby :rolleyes2:

That's a hell of a change from today. :thinking: Did you check the mileage before you brought him in? Maybe they are doing this,

Top Bottom