Stereos and Water?

Torrin

Once my JKU build is done in a few weeks, I will be looking towards replacing the crappy stock (non-nav) headunit and speakers. I have been reading up on devices, and while Alpine 209-WRA seems to be a highly rated unit, I have read in a couple of places that getting caught in the rain might ruin the device. Once complete, my plan is to run rig without top or door almost 100% of the time (though it will be garaged when not being driven).

Do I need to worry about this and do I need to think about paying $2999 for a X209-WRA-OR? (God, I hope not).

Also, if you other recommendations, I would love to hear them I want Apple Car play, don't care about Sirius or Nav (unless there is a good offroad nav unit) and I want integration to the steering wheel controls with Bluetooth and phone support.

Thanks in advance.

MDK210

There’s not going to be any head units out there with IP67/68 ratings unless you get boat/marine equipment. I wouldn’t worry too much about water since it will never be submerged hopefully but if you’re worried then get the cheapest unit from a reputable brand that has what you want. The only thing special I did was ask my audio guys to mount my amp an inch or so off the floor just in case water did fill the cab.

Top Bottom