Steering

kep01

On my wife’s 12 jku. I keep having a problem with the alignment. It’s stick with 35’s and I just need to upgrade all of it. Looking for suggestions on upgrading all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kep01

Whats wrong with the alignment? Need some details.

The only thing you can adjust on a stock jeep is the toe angle, and you can do that with a tape measure.

If it's lifted, the castor is out of wack and will make for darty steering.

Read this: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Problem is that after another alignment it’s already pulling again to the left after hitting a pothole. So I guess what I should have asked was for a better tie rod upgrade

zimm

Caught the Bug
Currie correct lynk is what I'm running after I taco'ed my stocker. I've heard good stuff about aluminum tie rods too, but no first hand knowledge.

The "rock jock" $300 one, not the extreme $750 one.

Last edited:

kep01

Currie correct lynk is what I'm running after I taco'ed my stocker. I've heard good stuff about aluminum tie rods too, but no first hand knowledge.

The "rock jock" $300 one, not the extreme $750 one.

I’ll check that out. I’m just tired of dealing with the stock one. Besides I think my wife has been thinking the Jeep is a race Jeep.

kep01

Wife bought it already lifted and my work schedule this year has been so crazy that I haven’t even had time to really get after this issue. But I just finished 7day work weeks and now it’s time to get after it.

Top Bottom