Rubicon 44 vs ultimate 44

ggross

I am upgrading my bent Dana 30. What is stronger a rubicon 44 front with c gussets and sleeves w/ cromolly shafts or the ultimate 44 front. Can get either one for around 3k

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I am upgrading my bent Dana 30. What is stronger a rubicon 44 front with c gussets and sleeves w/ cromolly shafts or the ultimate 44 front. Can get either one for around 3k

If you already bent a D30 why replace it with the same thing, which a D44 is except for the center section? Sleeves are a waste - the tubes can still bend where they are inserted into the pumpkin. If you play hard enough to bend an axle why not upgrade the whole way to a Dynatrac version?

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you’re prepared to pay $3k, why not save another $1500 or so and go with an aftermarket axle that will be much stronger all around. Eg PR44, Currie, etc. Options abound.

I bent my Dana 30 and went with the Dynatrac PR44, absolutely love it, very impressed with the strength, build quality and fit. Do yourself a favor and check them out. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
There's really nothing ultimate about the ud44. I looked into this a lot when I got rid of the 30. PR44 is unbeatable with the benefits and quality. Unless the ud44 has the new recon design with thicker Cs, it's basically the same housing as an OEM 44 with 5/16" tubes and thicker brackets. You can get the ProRock with 1/2" tubes, bigger C's, thicker brackets, patented redesigned pumpkin, assembled with American parts by American workers.

ggross

Thanks for the help. Maybe I will just go with the pro rock. Anyone know what I will be looking at for price with 4:56 gear and a selectable locker and chromoly shafts.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for the help. Maybe I will just go with the pro rock. Anyone know what I will be looking at for price with 4:56 gear and a selectable locker and chromoly shafts.

PM Exodus Jeeps - they're a sponsor on the forum and will give you a good deal. You can also deal directly with Dynatrac. They have an axle builder on their site you can get an idea of the cost,

Lojo

I love reading all the great advice from people and there experiences. I have already started putting aside money for when not if, my d30 goes. Definitely upgrade!! Thanks

Exodus 4x4

PM Exodus Jeeps - they're a sponsor on the forum and will give you a good deal. You can also deal directly with Dynatrac. They have an axle builder on their site you can get an idea of the cost,

Yep, and we actually offer a couple of options Dynatrac doesn’t with the PR44.

kellyk

Such great feedback! This is why I joined this site. You folks are very knowledgeable and seem to really enjoy sharing from your own experiences. Thanks to all of you who help us “newbies” as we join the Jeep family

Torrin

Since I was moving to 37's, I did this preemptively on my build. I did a ton of research and found that until I wanted to move up to a 60, the PR44 is the strongest option. (I went with the trial leader package, that upgrades the rear axle to 35 spline and a arb locker)

Top Bottom