Steering Stabilizer Flip on stock Rubi

TrailHunter

Hooked
My OEM stabizer is pretty bent up.. it’s not leaking, but I’m not sure if its working right.... Can I install a flip kit now that can also be used later with my 3” Lift. I’m cool with an OEM shock... but would like to move it up and not have to buy anything twice when I run 35’s. If so, any preferred kits? Thanks

IMG_9237.jpg

BaddestCross

My OEM stabizer is pretty bent up.. it’s not leaking, but I’m not sure if its working right.... Can I install a flip kit now that can also be used later with my 3” Lift. I’m cool with an OEM shock... but would like to move it up and not have to buy anything twice when I run 35’s. If so, any preferred kits? Thanks

View attachment 311500
Rancho has a relocation kit. Not 💯 sure it works with the stock stabilizer, but I run it with their RS5000 stabilizer and it puts it up above the tie rod.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

TrailHunter

Hooked
Rancho has a relocation kit. Not 💯 sure it works with the stock stabilizer, but I run it with their RS5000 stabilizer and it puts it up above the tie rod.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Rancho makes a kit that works well and is very easy to install. Lift height shouldn't matter since your tie rod and axle stay together.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...LE3q4EMu11RhHj1NUh0nmmV-o1m8pWMEaAlucEALw_wcB

I plan on installing the Evo drag link flip when I do the lift.... Doesn't the bracket for that relocate the stabilizer shock? Can I order the kit now and install that bracket without doing the flip.... but get the shock up out of the way for now? Or does that screw with my track bar in a stock setup?

I’m going on 3 years with no steering stabilizer. I think you’ll be ok to just remove it till you get your lift and flip kit all dialed in. Then decide what shock if any you want to run.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m going on 3 years with no steering stabilizer. I think you’ll be ok to just remove it till you get your lift and flip kit all dialed in. Then decide what shock if any you want to run.

I like the way you think. It's probably not working anyway.... can't feel a difference.

jdofmemi

I agree on not needing one, especially with your small tires.

I ran my last rig years without a stabilizer. If everything is right, you don't need one, and if you feel you need one, it is usually just to hide the symptoms of a problem in the set up.

My current rig has the raised track bar bracket you are thinking of, and it does mount the stabilizer up higher, thought I have still managed to hit it, but with minimal damage.
If you tried to install that bracket prior to the lift and drag link flip it would really cause problems.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Hope I'm not high jacking your thread.. I recently installed an adjustable track bar to center the axle. Also bought the Rancho front track bar bracket. I didn't install the bracket because I don't have a drag link flip kit yet. (Am I correct in not installing?) Question is , I plan on going with the EVO Double D pro lift which comes with the flip kit is the bracket that comes with the flip kit to raise the track bar? Thanks

TrailHunter

Hooked
Hope I'm not high jacking your thread.. I recently installed an adjustable track bar to center the axle. Also bought the Rancho front track bar bracket. I didn't install the bracket because I don't have a drag link flip kit yet. (Am I correct in not installing?) Question is , I plan on going with the EVO Double D pro lift which comes with the flip kit is the bracket that comes with the flip kit to raise the track bar? Thanks

How long till you upgrade? Seems with a 4” lift you would benefit from the flip and raising of the track bar. How about just buy the EVO flip kit now and maybe they could remove it from the kit for you.... One less thing you’ll have to do later and better handling until then.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
How long till you upgrade? Seems with a 4” lift you would benefit from the flip and raising of the track bar. How about just buy the EVO flip kit now and maybe they could remove it from the kit for you.... One less thing you’ll have to do later and better handling until then.

Even with my 4" Pro Comp lift is seems to handle good on the road, but have nothing to compare It to so I don't know. Wash board roads are another story. I think It feels a little more solid after I installed the Adjustable Track Bar. Not sure when I will step up.. I put the Double D Pro in one cart or another every day but never pull the trigger. I have come to terms with it's cost but the install cost is killing me. Not sure I have the patience do the work myself. And yes I'm sure I could have the flip removed from package. I think I will just go ahead and do the flip now seeing how I already have the raised bracket. Anything wrong with the Rancho RockGear front track bar bracket? Thanks

Top Bottom