Aftermarket Tire Carrier Rattle

conner

My tire carrier has 2 tie rods that allow it to swing with the tailgate. When I drive, there is a significant amount of movement on the carrier and it rattles... pretty damn loud. Anyone know a fix for this?

Trail JK

My tire carrier has 2 tie rods that allow it to swing with the tailgate. When I drive, there is a significant amount of movement on the carrier and it rattles... pretty damn loud. Anyone know a fix for this?

Do you still have the spare tire carrier bump stop mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lojo

I had the same issue with the Warn tire carrier. Installed it per the directions and from day one it made all kinds of noise. Spoke to Warn and he told me I needed to make it way tighter than I had done. So now it makes contact about 4 inches out and is seated instead of 2 inches out. No more issues. Hope this helps.

conner

I had the same issue with the Warn tire carrier. Installed it per the directions and from day one it made all kinds of noise. Spoke to Warn and he told me I needed to make it way tighter than I had done. So now it makes contact about 4 inches out and is seated instead of 2 inches out. No more issues. Hope this helps.

hmm. i’ll check into that thanks

Top Bottom