Skinnier Steering Stabilizer End

ColeHanlon

Hey guys, have my ProRock 44 installed, and the welded on bracket from the previous owner is only about a 1 inch opening. Does anyone know a steering stabilizer that could fit this? Does this look like it was for a PSC setup?

IMG_1882.jpg

Don’t mind how off centered the axle is, got an adjustable trackbar to fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Hey guys, have my ProRock 44 installed, and the welded on bracket from the previous owner is only about a 1 inch opening. Does anyone know a steering stabilizer that could fit this? Does this look like it was for a PSC setup?

View attachment 311803

Don’t mind how off centered the axle is, got an adjustable trackbar to fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, that bracket is for a ram assist.
I don't believe you would be able to find a stabilizer that would fit.
The heim joints are quite a bit smaller in width.
If you have no plans to run hydro, it's pretty easy to remove with a grinder.

ColeHanlon

Was thinking about adding hydro at some point. I think I will just grind of the lower tab and secure the stabilizer bolt up through just the top tab. Should be good enough for just stabilizer.

WJCO

Meme King
You could always cut ONE of the tabs off and just use the other one with the hole to secure the stabilizer with a washer like this (not a JK, but concept should work) :

IMG_20161124_065437_115.jpg

Or, as long as it doesn't interfere with the track bar, cut both tabs off, then drill a hole in the track bar bracket (or use an existing hole), and mount your stabilizer that way with a bolt. Mine was a custom build (non-JK) and I had to cut my SS mount off because it was hitting the tie rod, so that's what I did. Been on there 2 years with no issues. I did have to add a large nut as a spacer:

DSC04659.jpg

ColeHanlon

You could always cut ONE of the tabs off and just use the other one with the hole to secure the stabilizer with a washer like this (not a JK, but concept should work) :

View attachment 311804

Or, as long as it doesn't interfere with the track bar, cut both tabs off, then drill a hole in the track bar bracket (or use an existing hole), and mount your stabilizer that way with a bolt. Mine was a custom build (non-JK) and I had to cut my SS mount off because it was hitting the tie rod, so that's what I did. Been on there 2 years with no issues. I did have to add a large nut as a spacer:

View attachment 311805

Yep, thats what I was thinking about doing, at the end of the day it is just a stabilizer, doesn't really need to be within 2 tabs. As long as it is secured to the axle should be fine.

Top Bottom