Rear adjustable control arms- which end where?

This might be a rather stupid question, but is there a correct way to install the rear adjustable EVO arms? I wrapped up my coilovers this weekend and the arms were part of it. I see images of adjustable arms every which way. I know I did the front right because they actually have instructions (shocking!) but at the rear I did the adjustable end up at the frame- my dad and I felt this made sense because of access. I just wanted to check so that if I need to flip them I am still in work mode and not grumpy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the adjustable end goes on the axle end. At least, that's what I recall on the JK and that's how it is on the JL.

Jeepfan30

I called ORE and asked, they said either way is fine. I installed mine with the adjustable end at the frame.

mcdesigner

I have the adjustable end at the axle as well but I would love to hear the reason it is recommended at the axle end. Seems like for the rear, either way would work.

Yeah I did do zerk up on all the arms. But at the rear access to adjust the arms at the axle would require much more effort (not in a lazy way just practicality). Plus the rockstar sort of cups the arm so need to rotate and drop the axle just to get it in.

Did they give a reason, because they told me it didn't matter? They said the bend in the arm is centered in the arm, so either way was fine.

They gave me no reason but I can’t quite think of one myself. And I watched multiple videos and looked at other manufacturers and that didn’t really clear it up either. I may just leave as is so I don’t have to mess around with everything else at the axle. Maybe I’ll follow up to their response to ask why, but I’m not trying to sound like I know better.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
They gave me no reason but I can’t quite think of one myself. And I watched multiple videos and looked at other manufacturers and that didn’t really clear it up either. I may just leave as is so I don’t have to mess around with everything else at the axle. Maybe I’ll follow up to their response to ask why, but I’m not trying to sound like I know better.

I was told the same. I would assume it’s because the adjustable side seems a bit beefier so perhaps it can take more of a beating.

Top Bottom