PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO : TRADITION - A Rubicon Trail Adventure in Our Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife
10-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Of all the trails that Cindy and I love to run, the Rubicon is one of our favorites and one that we always try to hit at least once a year. You could say, it's a tradition of ours and one that we enjoy more for its breath taking scenery and the good times we always have with our good friends than anything. Sure, it's an iconic trail best known for it's epic wheeling but for us, that's always just been icing on the cake. Of course, this tradition is one that transcends all Jeep models and while the era of the JK has finally come to an end, there was no way that we were going to let it die there.

In this feature length, WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure video, you'll get to see us take on the Rubicon Trail for the very first time in JET Li, our brand new Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. As you'll see, we took him out running a Dynatrac 2" EndruoSport lift, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros mounted on KMC XD231 bead lock wheels and a set of LoD Signature Series rock sliders and front bumper for added protection. And, joining us for all the fun were our good friends Rachel and Ray in their cooperhead 4-door JK Rubicon running EVO bolt-on coilsovers and 37" Trail Grapplers, Ben in his white 2-door JK Rubicon running 35" STT Pros, Adam in his dozer 2-door JK Sport running 37" Trail Grapplers, Moochie in his silver 4-door JK Rubicon running bolt-on coil overs and 37" Toyo MT's and last but not least, Doug (aka Trail Bud) and his friend Bob in their white 4-door JK Rubicon running gen 1 EVO coilovers and massive 40x15.50 Toyo MT's.

At almost an hour in length, this video is one of our longer ones and you'll want to make sure that you set aside some time to watch it. We hope enjoy our presentation. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWAdnvIAUg&feature=youtu.be

BUY a HITCH STINGER: https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-HITCH-STINGER
BUY a CB BAR: https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR
BUY a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE: https://amzn.to/2NsGJbt
BUY a Rancho Front Differential Glide Plate: https://amzn.to/2PJReoB
BUY a MAVIC AIR DRONE: https://amzn.to/2CO26iq

WIN WAYALIFE SHOTGLASSESIf you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses, simply post up a response on this thread and let us know what you thought of our video. A random WINNER will be selected and announced next week. Thanks for watching. :cool:

UPDATE: The WINNER is shadowpaige64507 - CONGRATULATIONS!

RESURECTIONJK
10-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Better than an upcoming release of Star Wars!!! Iíve been excited hoping to see this come along being that I had to cancel on you guys. Thanks for putting this together! Plan to grab some good food and watch it in peace.

RESURECTIONJK
10-17-2018, 12:18 AM
Screw it...not waiting. Corn dogs and the laptop it is...

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 12:54 AM
Better than an upcoming release of Star Wars!!! Iíve been excited hoping to see this come along being that I had to cancel on you guys. Thanks for putting this together! Plan to grab some good food and watch it in peace.

Screw it...not waiting. Corn dogs and the laptop it is...

LOL!! Bummer you couldn't join us on this run but hopefully you'll get a sense of what you missed out on. Enjoy.

notnalc68
10-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Man, that body damage made my stomach hurt. Jet Li looked great, although the front axle drain plug, and muffler hangers may have been poorly thought out. Nice to see that hitch stinger in action too.

Glad to see you got Rachel and Ray out, too. Looks like a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wjtstudios
10-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Great video and adventure! Jet li got its first little body damage, yikes! Canít wait to see the upgrades that are coming after that run. Thatís for keeping us all inspired to get out and explore!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

drrags
10-17-2018, 01:06 AM
Can't wait to watch it! It was your videos that got me into all this Jeep stuff :yup: The best out there, for sure.

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 01:10 AM
Man, that body damage made my stomach hurt. Jet Li looked great, although the front axle drain plug, and muffler hangers may have been poorly thought out. Nice to see that hitch stinger in action too.

Glad to see you got Rachel and Ray out, too. Looks like a great time!

Yeah, it was a bummer but fortunately, we've already got it fixed and JET is as good as new again. As far as Rachel and Ray goes, yes, it was good to finally get them out with us again. :cool:

Great video and adventure! Jet li got its first little body damage, yikes! Canít wait to see the upgrades that are coming after that run. Thatís for keeping us all inspired to get out and explore!

Thank you. We're glad to know that our videos have a way of inspiring people like yourself :)

Can't wait to watch it! It was your videos that got me into all this Jeep stuff :yup: The best out there, for sure.

Well, we hope you enjoy it as much as our past videos :)

GraniteWilly
10-17-2018, 01:13 AM
Thanks for yet another great video. Canít get enough of these things!

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 01:13 AM
Thanks for yet another great video. Canít get enough of these things!

We're so glad to hear it. Thank you :)

naysjp
10-17-2018, 01:14 AM
is the video down at this time? I tried to watch it from this link and then tried on a separate browser but there is an internal error.

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 01:16 AM
is the video down at this time? I tried to watch it from this link and then tried on a separate browser but there is an internal error.

WTF?? Looks like it's a system wide problem on YouTube. :doh:

naysjp
10-17-2018, 01:19 AM
Yeah, No Youtube videos will open at all. Must be on them. I'll check back later.

rmilobrown
10-17-2018, 01:27 AM
The link I got through my email worked! Great video..OUCH!!. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Andy5160
10-17-2018, 01:29 AM
Love the video especially the length of it[emoji106][emoji106]
All dough current lift performed well it is not enough for Rubicon Trail the way I see it. The drain plug location is definitely shitty. Canít wait to see next lift install and I am sure you already have one in mind[emoji12][emoji12]
Oh and that special pounding moment under the jeep was priceless [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Thank you for sharing it was a pleasure to watch [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Clutch
10-17-2018, 01:37 AM
Great video, all the Jeeps looked great.

longarmwj
10-17-2018, 01:52 AM
Adam took some serious aggression out on that skid plate. Probably running through names of different trolls on here in his head as he was smashing it [emoji23]

jorgelrod
10-17-2018, 01:57 AM
I get psyched by the email and Youtube is down. Stupid Youtube, I'm suing for emotional damages...
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

TrailHunter
10-17-2018, 01:58 AM
Dude.... you put out an hour long video and broke the YouTube server. Lol.... can't wait to see it!

WJCO
10-17-2018, 01:59 AM
Awesome video! Great work, guys! Very fun to watch.

A.J.
10-17-2018, 02:02 AM
Umm link not working for me. Error message says a team of monkeys is working on it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TOPLESS
10-17-2018, 02:08 AM
Booo. Broke link! Gives me something to do on lunch tomorrow!

Jsouder53
10-17-2018, 02:13 AM
I watched only 5 minutes of it then sat to eat dinner and now this happens! Shoulda kept watching, dinner couldíve waited lol

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 02:16 AM
Yeah, No Youtube videos will open at all. Must be on them. I'll check back later.

Yeah, the problem is apparently world wide and kind of a big deal. Starting to make the news.

The link I got through my email worked! Great video..OUCH!!. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Glad you were able to watch it before YouTube crashed and glad you liked it.

Love the video especially the length of it[emoji106][emoji106]
All dough current lift performed well it is not enough for Rubicon Trail the way I see it. The drain plug location is definitely shitty. Canít wait to see next lift install and I am sure you already have one in mind[emoji12][emoji12]
Oh and that special pounding moment under the jeep was priceless [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Thank you for sharing it was a pleasure to watch [emoji7][emoji7]

LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, the drain plug really is stupid. As far as lifts go, it's never been a secret that we'd be testing out more lifts :)

Great video, all the Jeeps looked great.

Glad to hear you were able to watch the video before YouTube went down.

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 02:19 AM
Adam took some serious aggression out on that skid plate. Probably running through names of different trolls on here in his head as he was smashing it [emoji23]

:cheesy: Now that's funny. Glad you were able to watch the video and enjoyed it. :crazyeyes:

I get psyched by the email and Youtube is down. Stupid Youtube, I'm suing for emotional damages...
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy: Seriously - we just got it up and people just started watching the video and then YouTube goes down. Before I found that it was a system wide problem, I literally thought that we did something wrong. :crazyeyes:

Dude.... you put out an hour long video and broke the YouTube server. Lol.... can't wait to see it!

:cheesy: That must have been it. Sucks too being that we've been burning the midnight oil to get it done and posted this evening. We literally just got it done too. :rolleyes2:

Awesome video! Great work, guys! Very fun to watch.

Glad you were able to watch it and enjoyed it :)

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 02:20 AM
Umm link not working for me. Error message says a team of monkeys is working on it?

Yeah, I think they need to get the chimps on it :rolleyes2:

Booo. Broke link! Gives me something to do on lunch tomorrow!

Hopefully... This is down way longer than I think YouTube has ever seen. It's nuts.:crazyeyes:

I watched only 5 minutes of it then sat to eat dinner and now this happens! Shoulda kept watching, dinner couldíve waited lol

Awe, bummer. Hope YouTube is back up again soon.

OverlanderJK
10-17-2018, 02:23 AM
WTF?? Looks like it's a system wide problem on YouTube. :doh:

Yup. Was trying to watch it but no dice.

el_chupo_
10-17-2018, 02:23 AM
Got home, get on the computer, and Youtube says "nope"...

Looking forward to watching it, It was one of your Rubicon Trail videos that I showed my wife when I first decided to start looking at getting back in a Jeep.

Edit:
And I refresh and looks like its back up.

Jsouder53
10-17-2018, 02:26 AM
Awe, bummer. Hope YouTube is back up again soon.

Same here! Looking forward to it [emoji106]

Brute
10-17-2018, 02:34 AM
This must be a cruel joke...kinda like when a ship full of mannequins sinks and the pissed off sharks are saying WTF?...

No video...bummer

BaddestCross
10-17-2018, 02:37 AM
Awesome video! Now that I've finally run the trail, it was cool to recognize the different obstacles and remember going through them IRL.

Cool to watch the JL go through it, but yeah, you would think that they could catch dumb things like the diff plug and exhaust hanger during all the trail testing they do before a release.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

RESURECTIONJK
10-17-2018, 02:39 AM
Glad I got it in before the crash. It was great to see Moochie and Doug out on a run. And super cool to see the stinger in action. Has Doug ever been wheeling with you guys and NOT damaged something... [emoji848]

Jsouder53
10-17-2018, 02:41 AM
Itís back up!

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 02:47 AM
Itís back up!

WooHoo!! It is :rock:

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 02:49 AM
Yup. Was trying to watch it but no dice.

Thanks for kicking YouTube in the balls. Seems to be working now :cheesy:

Got home, get on the computer, and Youtube says "nope"...

Looking forward to watching it, It was one of your Rubicon Trail videos that I showed my wife when I first decided to start looking at getting back in a Jeep.

Edit:
And I refresh and looks like its back up.

Hope you enjoy it :)

This must be a cruel joke...kinda like when a ship full of mannequins sinks and the pissed off sharks are saying WTF?...

No video...bummer

Give it a try now :yup:

Awesome video! Now that I've finally run the trail, it was cool to recognize the different obstacles and remember going through them IRL.

Cool to watch the JL go through it, but yeah, you would think that they could catch dumb things like the diff plug and exhaust hanger during all the trail testing they do before a release.

There have been a few things that have made me wonder - what in the hell were they thinking but this drain plug on the bottom of the diff takes the cake for me.

Glad I got it in before the crash. It was great to see Moochie and Doug out on a run. And super cool to see the stinger in action. Has Doug ever been wheeling with you guys and NOT damaged something... [emoji848]

OUCH!! :cheesy:

benatc1
10-17-2018, 02:51 AM
Man, what an awesome video. So many good memories from that trip, glad I was able to come along. Video quality is amazing and some great shots. Thank you so much for sharing, it was great to relive it, great time with everyone!

jeeeep
10-17-2018, 03:10 AM

Way cool to leave in the repair segments.

Drain plug on the bottom, odd design for sure. Did you replace the plug?

That door dent was painful to watch :doh:

Other than the door, damages appeared to be more annoyances than harsh damage.

Muffler hanger, tail pipe, stabilizer.

The stinger looks like it took a beating, bet you were glad to have it on there!

Did Trailbud have any issues with the driveshaft hitting once on the main road?

As i mentioned, it was cool to leave in the trail repairs/ damage inventory.

Great video!

Warren Miller would be proud :thumb:

TrailHunter
10-17-2018, 03:20 AM
Best Video Yet! 49 minutes?.... felt like 20 minutes.. Awesome!

el_chupo_
10-17-2018, 03:22 AM
That drain plug...

Its like someone in the Fiat service side just said "we could save a lot of time if the drain plug was easy to get to and drained the fluid fully. Why not the bottom?" and no one checked on that detail the rest of the build. Just odd considering how other minor stuff was thought out and designed with offroading in mind.

And I wouldnt blame you a bit if you change out the axle, but I kinda want to see you abuse it for a while longer so there is real world data on how well it stands up to 37s and hard wheeling over time.

Great video!

OverlanderJK
10-17-2018, 03:34 AM
Good video! Thanks for sharing and having me along. This is my favorite trip every year.

Jsouder53
10-17-2018, 03:55 AM
Great video! I definitely have to run the rubicon one of these days!

Thanks for leaving in the repairs, I always learn from that in case of any trail damage Iíll know what to do [emoji106]

Clearskies
10-17-2018, 04:00 AM
Always enjoy the trail videos. Thanks for another. I'll second BaddestCross sentiments... Having just run the Rubicon for the first time it was really neat to see the obstacles and the amazing beauty we just enjoyed first hand.

DMF
Another trip, do you even work! JK, wow another great video Eddie and Cindy!

SeanK
Seems an awful place for front diff. drain plug. Great video! I hope to run the Rubicon Trail one day.

naysjp
10-17-2018, 04:05 AM
Nice to see the Rubicon. Nice video. You haven't been that "small" in a long time huh? LOL. Sucks about the drain hole being directly on the bottom of the diff.:grayno:

jesse3638
10-17-2018, 04:10 AM
Thanks for posting. Lisa and I were bummed we couldn't make it. Looks like I'd have had my work cut out for me on 35's this year. Also while watching the segment when Cindy was working her way through and the fan was blaring, Lisa looked up and said "What's that noise? Sounds like something is wrong." I laughed and explained. She also was thinking what Doug said about you having two nuts...haha. Hopefully we can make the next one, wherever it may be.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

PEACEMAKER1
10-17-2018, 04:14 AM
Loved the video Cindy and Eddie! Thanks so much for all your time spent inspiring! I cant wait to get on the Rubicon one of these days and meet you and other WAL members :)

Trail JK
10-17-2018, 04:18 AM
Such a blast! Thank you for having us out on this trip! Ray and I watched it on the big screen at dinner. Loved reliving the Rubicon with this awesome video!
You know, I had no idea your steering stabilizer took such a beating until this video, holy heck it was wrecked! Ray said he wasnít sure how you guys were steering. Thanks again for an amazing time and all the laughs!
Beep! 🤪🤣

Brute
10-17-2018, 04:51 AM
Great video...I'm bummed I couldn't do the Con this year...but will definitely do it again next year.

Soooo...when are the XD60's and 40's going on?

Jaybird 11
10-17-2018, 04:58 AM
Love it! You guys are pretty dam good at trail repairs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Chillin' The Most...
10-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Thank you for the video. Sucks to see you got body damage. Thatís the exact same spot I snapped my rear right side axle this past August.

LeoD
10-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your adventure, good friends and fun trip! You are blessed. Loved how you left the "bad" parts in too.

chiefmac
10-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Of all the trails that Cindy and I love to run, the Rubicon is one of our favorites and one that we always try to hit at least once a year. You could say, it's a tradition of ours and one that we enjoy more for its breath taking scenery and the good times we always have with our good friends than anything. Sure, it's an iconic trail best known for it's epic wheeling but for us, that's always just been icing on the cake. Of course, this tradition is one that transcends all Jeep models and while the era of the JK has finally come to an end, there was no way that we were going to let it die there.

In this feature length, WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure video, you'll get to see us take on the Rubicon Trail for the very first time in JET Li, our brand new Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. As you'll see, we took him out running a Dynatrac 2" EndruoSport lift, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros mounted on KMC XD231 bead lock wheels and a set of LoD Signature Series rock sliders and front bumper for added protection. And, joining us for all the fun were our good friends Rachel and Ray in their cooperhead 4-door JK Rubicon running EVO bolt-on coilsovers and 37" Trail Grapplers, Ben in his white 2-door JK Rubicon running 35" STT Pros, Adam in his dozer 2-door JK Sport running 37" Trail Grapplers, Moochie in his silver 4-door JK Rubicon running bolt-on coil overs and 37" Toyo MT's and last but not least, Doug (aka Trail Bud) and his friend Bob in their white 4-door JK Rubicon running gen 1 EVO coilovers and massive 40x15.50 Toyo MT's.

At almost an hour in length, this video is one of our longer ones and you'll want to make sure that you set aside some time to watch it. We hope enjoy our presentation. :cool:

BUY a HITCH STINGER: https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-HITCH-STINGER

WIN WAYALIFE SHOTGLASSESIf you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses, simply post up a response on this thread and let us know what you thought of our video. A random WINNER will be selected and announced next week. Thanks for watching. :cool:

Love the video, Now more then ever I want to run Rubicon, (it is on my bucket list and was the number one reason, I really wanted a JEEP, even back in the 80's. ).

Jeepfan30
10-17-2018, 01:27 PM
Great video as usual. I am planning to run the Rubicon next June, looks like a great experience.

kep01
10-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Great video. Itís always good to see the rubicon trail. Itís definitely on my list of trails to do with the family.

RESURECTIONJK
10-17-2018, 02:15 PM
Eddie, how does the new steering system on the JL handle the 37ís in the rocks? Obviously probably not as well as hydro but is it an improvement over the JK at all?

Labricon
10-17-2018, 02:36 PM
Really enjoyed this video. Looked like JET Li handled the trail well in spite of taking a few hits.

HoosierWolf
10-17-2018, 02:46 PM
Just started watching it. Loving it so far! As if there was a chance I wouldn't :)

Quick question. Those pucks under the rings you put on the back of Jet Lei for your cargo net. Are those delrin or what are they? Also which hardware store did you get them at? I have a home made deck we made for our JKU and I've been using robber grommets that I bored out to fit the factory bolts but they are wearing out. Your polymer pucks seem like a better solution.

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Man, what an awesome video. So many good memories from that trip, glad I was able to come along. Video quality is amazing and some great shots. Thank you so much for sharing, it was great to relive it, great time with everyone!

Glad you enjoyed it and glad you were able to join us for all the fun! :thumb:

Way cool to leave in the repair segments.

Drain plug on the bottom, odd design for sure. Did you replace the plug?

That door dent was painful to watch :doh:

Other than the door, damages appeared to be more annoyances than harsh damage.

Muffler hanger, tail pipe, stabilizer.

The stinger looks like it took a beating, bet you were glad to have it on there!

Did Trailbud have any issues with the driveshaft hitting once on the main road?

As i mentioned, it was cool to leave in the trail repairs/ damage inventory.

Great video!

Warren Miller would be proud :thumb:

Wasn't sure how people would take the repairs in the video but I'm glad to hear so many like yourself found it fun to watch.

I have since pulled the plug mainly because I wanted to make sure there was no water in the diff and found that the threads on it had gotten damaged. I was able to clean it up some and give it a better seal with some teflon but will be replacing it with a new plug that I bought.

Trail Bud made it off the trail and home just fine with the drive shaft but suffered death wobble caused by a bad track bar bushing. We also found that he had broken an front upper control arm mount. Good thing he had 4-links!

Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Best Video Yet! 49 minutes?.... felt like 20 minutes.. Awesome!

LOL!! So glad to hear it wasn't boring and that you enjoyed it :)

That drain plug...

Its like someone in the Fiat service side just said "we could save a lot of time if the drain plug was easy to get to and drained the fluid fully. Why not the bottom?" and no one checked on that detail the rest of the build. Just odd considering how other minor stuff was thought out and designed with offroading in mind.

And I wouldnt blame you a bit if you change out the axle, but I kinda want to see you abuse it for a while longer so there is real world data on how well it stands up to 37s and hard wheeling over time.

Great video!

That sounds about right to me. Like I said, I personally would have been more than happy to not have any drain plug just like we had for decades before but to put it right on the bottom... that's just stupid.

We'll keep pushing this axle as long as we can :yup:

Good video! Thanks for sharing and having me along. This is my favorite trip every year.

Thanks for making the push to join us for all the fun. It was a great trip for sure :thumb:

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Great video! I definitely have to run the rubicon one of these days!

Thanks for leaving in the repairs, I always learn from that in case of any trail damage Iíll know what to do [emoji106]

So glad to hear you enjoyed the repair section and yes, you definitely need to get out to the Rubicon :yup:

Always enjoy the trail videos. Thanks for another. I'll second BaddestCross sentiments... Having just run the Rubicon for the first time it was really neat to see the obstacles and the amazing beauty we just enjoyed first hand.

It's great that you were able to experience the Rubicon for yourself. Glad to hear you enjoyed the video too.

Another trip, do you even work! JK, wow another great video Eddie and Cindy!

Work? What's work? :crazyeyes: :cheesy:
Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Seems an awful place for front diff. drain plug. Great video! I hope to run the Rubicon Trail one day.

It's a horrible place for a drain plug or at least, on a Jeep. It's hard for me to imagine that someone at Dana actually thought this would be a good idea. Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, you definitely need to run the Rubicon for yourself :)

Nice to see the Rubicon. Nice video. You haven't been that "small" in a long time huh? LOL. Sucks about the drain hole being directly on the bottom of the diff.:grayno:

:cheesy: It's been a while for sure. Glad to hear you finally got to watch the video and enjoyed it :)

Thanks for posting. Lisa and I were bummed we couldn't make it. Looks like I'd have had my work cut out for me on 35's this year. Also while watching the segment when Cindy was working her way through and the fan was blaring, Lisa looked up and said "What's that noise? Sounds like something is wrong." I laughed and explained. She also was thinking what Doug said about you having two nuts...haha. Hopefully we can make the next one, wherever it may be.

LOL!! Bummer the two of you weren't able to join us for this run. Glad you enjoyed the video and hopefully we'll catch you the next time around.

DMF
10-17-2018, 03:34 PM
That really sucks for Jet Li to get ding up like that but after watching the way you restore Calamity Jane, that repair is like a little scratch for a guy like you.

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Loved the video Cindy and Eddie! Thanks so much for all your time spent inspiring! I cant wait to get on the Rubicon one of these days and meet you and other WAL members :)

Glad you liked the video and I do hope we can meet on something like the Rubicon someday. :yup:

Such a blast! Thank you for having us out on this trip! Ray and I watched it on the big screen at dinner. Loved reliving the Rubicon with this awesome video!
You know, I had no idea your steering stabilizer took such a beating until this video, holy heck it was wrecked! Ray said he wasnít sure how you guys were steering. Thanks again for an amazing time and all the laughs!
Beep! 🤪🤣

LOL!! No lie, the last couple of miles into camp was a bitch to steer. I could tell something was wrong but figured, I could steer enough to just deal with it at camp. :crazyeyes:

So glad that the two of you were finally able to join us for this run. We had a blast with you guys and hope to do it again soon.

BEEP!! :crazyeyes:

Great video...I'm bummed I couldn't do the Con this year...but will definitely do it again next year.

Soooo...when are the XD60's and 40's going on?

LOL!! They're coming but we'd like to push the factory axles as far as we can first.

Hopefully you'll be able to join us out there next year.

Love it! You guys are pretty dam good at trail repairs.

LOL!! We've had a lot of experience doing it :crazyeyes:

Thank you for the video. Sucks to see you got body damage. Thatís the exact same spot I snapped my rear right side axle this past August.

Yeah, we've seen a lot of carnage there in the past as well but this year was different. We'd been hearing from people coming in the opposite direction that it was tougher this year but didn't know why till we got there. In the past, there was only 2 big boulders that you really had to deal with but this time around, there was a 3rd that had moved into the trail. If I were willing to do more body damage, I'm pretty sure I could have cleared it but going around was just as easy.

Thanks for sharing your adventure, good friends and fun trip! You are blessed. Loved how you left the "bad" parts in too.

LOL!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the "bad" parts too :yup:

Love the video, Now more then ever I want to run Rubicon, (it is on my bucket list and was the number one reason, I really wanted a JEEP, even back in the 80's. ).

It's definitely a must for any Jeeper. Get out there :thumb:

Great video as usual. I am planning to run the Rubicon next June, looks like a great experience.

June is a great time to be out on the Rubicon. Typically more challenging too :yup:

wayoflife
10-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Great video. Itís always good to see the rubicon trail. Itís definitely on my list of trails to do with the family.

Oh yeah, it's always great to see the Rubicon but really, it'd just be another trail without family and friends.

Eddie, how does the new steering system on the JL handle the 37ís in the rocks? Obviously probably not as well as hydro but is it an improvement over the JK at all?

Honestly, it does surprisingly well. The electric steering is no hydro assist but it does help out a lot.

Really enjoyed this video. Looked like JET Li handled the trail well in spite of taking a few hits.

Thanks, glad you liked it and yes, JET Li did a great job on it :yup:

Just started watching it. Loving it so far! As if there was a chance I wouldn't :)

Quick question. Those pucks under the rings you put on the back of Jet Lei for your cargo net. Are those delrin or what are they? Also which hardware store did you get them at? I have a home made deck we made for our JKU and I've been using robber grommets that I bored out to fit the factory bolts but they are wearing out. Your polymer pucks seem like a better solution.

What you're looking at are nylon washers. I got mine at Lowes Hardware but you can get them at any good hardware store with a specialty drawer section. ACE, TrueValue and Tractor Supply typically have them.

That really sucks for Jet Li to get ding up like that but after watching the way you restore Calamity Jane, that repair is like a little scratch for a guy like you.

LOL!! If the hit were anywhere else, I might have taken it on but the door frame is a complicated fix or to do well and so we just used our local body shop to take care of it. JET Li is good as new again.

RESURECTIONJK
10-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Canít get enough of watching the video. Certainly missed out on an amazing time but glad I get to at least live it through video. Next year is already blocked out so Iím free to make the run if youíll have us. Glad to see everyone made it off the trail without any major issues.

elgordomucho
10-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Hell yeah! Iím traveling for work will check this out tonight

jdofmemi
10-17-2018, 04:40 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this!

I have been looking forward to the video every since the teaser post of all the Jeeps lined up ready to go a few months back.

The video really brought back the recent memory of my trips, and was a great documentation of the trail.

The damages and repairs are a key to any trip and I love seeing them in video. I like to learn how different problems get addressed and add to the ways to overcome trail troubles. I believe that is an essential skill for any four wheeler.

I was fortunate to get to do the Rubicon two times this year, first with family and my first friend I made when I moved to California. That was the first for both of us.
I then got to go again with the great Wayalife members just two weeks later.

Both trips were great, and I can't wait to go back. I was amazed how much the trail changed in the two weeks between trips, so I am even more excited to go again to see what is next, and explore even more.

bholder817
10-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Awesome! I hope to do the Rubicon someday!

Battle Born JK
10-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Awsome video guys, sucks you got body damage. I hope to do the Rubicon next year. Thanks for sharing.

Clifford33
10-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Man what an awesome video!! Felt like I was there on the adventure. I canít wait to run a trail with all of you guys! It was hard to watch jet li get his first scar. But What an awesome few days of wheeling. [emoji106]

A.J.
10-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Great video! I think you guys stayed at the same hotel we did in August! Awesome time! It was the trip when Ed had fuel pump trouble. Man I am so ready to go again!

Clutch
10-18-2018, 12:13 AM
After watching again, this video is great. Enjoyed seeing all the difference models, the repairs, and the scenery. Right up there with Heart & Soul!

OldNavyChief
10-18-2018, 12:45 AM

Loved this video, makes me want to drop what I'm doing and head to the Rubicon. Great job, thanks.

elgordomucho
10-18-2018, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the entertainment! Best part of this work trip so far

Steve Williams
10-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Awesome video of a great trip. Itís amazing to see what you guys can do to capture the fun and adventure of it. We just ran the Rubicon in August and it was great to see how you documented a trail Iíve run. We even stayed in the same spot at Rubicon Springs.
I learn something every time I watch one of your videos, Iím for sure adding bailing wire to my trail kit along with extra u joint nuts. Oh and those little shot glasses are going along next time too [emoji1360].
How much air were you running in the Coopers, it looks like you might have been a little higher than you usually run, for the height maybe?
Great stuff! Thanks for all the work to put it together.

GTJeeper
10-18-2018, 03:43 AM
Looks like a super fun trip! Seeing a two door on 35ís make it shows me Iíve got a decent shot haha. The video was great and the trail repair parts were interesting as others said. Gives a good sense of things that have a chance to fail and the methods you guys used to fix them. Iíll have to add a BFH to my trail kit lol

chubbynupta
10-18-2018, 05:57 AM
Great video. I really enjoyed the segment featuring the repairs of the steering stabilizer and the rear track bar etc. Showed tons of ingenuity and self reliance. Good things to have in the middle of nowhere. Looks like Cindy is added a drone to her arsenal. DJI Mavic Air?
Sucks about the body damage.

firejeeper
10-18-2018, 05:59 AM
Just watched the video. Really enjoyed seeing the trail repairs. Great video. Using the drone has really added to your videos. Looking forward to the next one.

sipafz
10-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Another great production! Watched it once on my phone and again last night on the tv. Thank you to Eddie, Cindy and the Wayalife gang for sharing your adventures!

Slavens
10-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Joy and i watched last night .. Honestly the video was great but they always are. I really enjoyed seeing Doug out there smiling and breaking shit of course.. because that's what Trailbreak does.. haha! I had to pinky promise last night we will be out there soon with you guys.

See you kids soon!

wayoflife
10-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Canít get enough of watching the video. Certainly missed out on an amazing time but glad I get to at least live it through video. Next year is already blocked out so Iím free to make the run if youíll have us. Glad to see everyone made it off the trail without any major issues.

Actually, Trail Bud had a few other issues as soon as we got off the trail but we were able to get him home. Also, next year is just around the corner. :cool:

Hell yeah! Iím traveling for work will check this out tonight

Awesome, I hope you enjoyed it :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this!

I have been looking forward to the video every since the teaser post of all the Jeeps lined up ready to go a few months back.

The video really brought back the recent memory of my trips, and was a great documentation of the trail.

The damages and repairs are a key to any trip and I love seeing them in video. I like to learn how different problems get addressed and add to the ways to overcome trail troubles. I believe that is an essential skill for any four wheeler.

I was fortunate to get to do the Rubicon two times this year, first with family and my first friend I made when I moved to California. That was the first for both of us.
I then got to go again with the great Wayalife members just two weeks later.

Both trips were great, and I can't wait to go back. I was amazed how much the trail changed in the two weeks between trips, so I am even more excited to go again to see what is next, and explore even more.

Awesome that you were able to experience the Rubicon for yourself. :thumb:

Awesome! I hope to do the Rubicon someday!

It really is a must for every Jeeper :yup:

Awsome video guys, sucks you got body damage. I hope to do the Rubicon next year. Thanks for sharing.

eh, it's all good and the damage is already fixed :yup:

Man what an awesome video!! Felt like I was there on the adventure. I canít wait to run a trail with all of you guys! It was hard to watch jet li get his first scar. But What an awesome few days of wheeling. [emoji106]

Thank you, we're so glad that we were able to bring you along for the fun if only through our video :)

Great video! I think you guys stayed at the same hotel we did in August! Awesome time! It was the trip when Ed had fuel pump trouble. Man I am so ready to go again!

Thanks! Glad you liked it :)

After watching again, this video is great. Enjoyed seeing all the difference models, the repairs, and the scenery. Right up there with Heart & Soul!

Thank you. We're glad you could enjoy it even a second time around :cool:

wayoflife
10-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Loved this video, makes me want to drop what I'm doing and head to the Rubicon. Great job, thanks.

:cheesy: Then I guess we did our job :D

Thanks for the entertainment! Best part of this work trip so far

Sweet!! So glad to hear it didn't disappoint :cool:

Awesome video of a great trip. Itís amazing to see what you guys can do to capture the fun and adventure of it. We just ran the Rubicon in August and it was great to see how you documented a trail Iíve run. We even stayed in the same spot at Rubicon Springs.
I learn something every time I watch one of your videos, Iím for sure adding bailing wire to my trail kit along with extra u joint nuts. Oh and those little shot glasses are going along next time too [emoji1360].
How much air were you running in the Coopers, it looks like you might have been a little higher than you usually run, for the height maybe?
Great stuff! Thanks for all the work to put it together.

Good eye! No, we weren't running as low of a PSI this time and specifically because we didn't want to lose any more clearance than needed.

Looks like a super fun trip! Seeing a two door on 35ís make it shows me Iíve got a decent shot haha. The video was great and the trail repair parts were interesting as others said. Gives a good sense of things that have a chance to fail and the methods you guys used to fix them. Iíll have to add a BFH to my trail kit lol

Oh yeah, a 2-door on 35's will do great on the Rubicon and yes, a BFH is a must :yup:

Great video. I really enjoyed the segment featuring the repairs of the steering stabilizer and the rear track bar etc. Showed tons of ingenuity and self reliance. Good things to have in the middle of nowhere. Looks like Cindy is added a drone to her arsenal. DJI Mavic Air?
Sucks about the body damage.

Thanks! We're glad that you enjoyed the repairs segment and that you found them educational. As far as drones go, yes, we're now carry a Mavic Air with us for trips like this. Nice, super small and easy to carry when space is limited. :yup:

Just watched the video. Really enjoyed seeing the trail repairs. Great video. Using the drone has really added to your videos. Looking forward to the next one.

So glad to hear it, thanks!

Another great production! Watched it once on my phone and again last night on the tv. Thank you to Eddie, Cindy and the Wayalife gang for sharing your adventures!

Glad to hear it was worth a second watch and on the big screen :cool:

Joy and i watched last night .. Honestly the video was great but they always are. I really enjoyed seeing Doug out there smiling and breaking shit of course.. because that's what Trailbreak does.. haha! I had to pinky promise last night we will be out there soon with you guys.

See you kids soon!

It would be great to have you out there with us again :thumb:

Trail Bud
10-18-2018, 04:04 PM
I wanted to watch the whole thing in one sitting so Iím posting late.
In a word WOW!! Just loved the video showing the sights, the issues, the good times. As Bob said this was a life event. Something you remember for life.
Thanks for the memories!!
Til next time.

rockabillyroy
10-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Both my buddy and his wife both just bought JLs. Sent him a link to this video time stamped to the drain plug leak. Guess rancho is going to be selling at least two more skids. hahaha....

cocokrispes
10-18-2018, 05:24 PM
Really enjoyed the video. Sucks about the carnage to your Jeep. But from what I saw it could have been a lot worse.

JeepDad17
10-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Epic video for an epic adventure, thanks for sharing! The Rubicon is on my list of must do trails, but have to get my Jeep a little better prepared first. Hopefully Cindy didn't get on you too bad for the dent in JetLi, I know my wife would have been pretty upset if I dented our new Jeep! Keep making videos, love to see the places you guys explore, inspires me to get out and wheel.

shadowpaige64507
10-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Great video! I enjoyed seeing you guys interact with each other on video instead of just through your words on this forum. I'm glad you didn't edit out any of your real time responses. Like when you got the body damage hitting that large rock. You could see the real life frustration that any of us would of had at that moment.

RESURECTIONJK
10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
It most certainly is. Canít wait for New Years and the Mohave. Wouldnít miss that for anything. Thanks for an awesome year of adventures!

jesse3638
10-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Epic video for an epic adventure, thanks for sharing! The Rubicon is on my list of must do trails, but have to get my Jeep a little better prepared first. Hopefully Cindy didn't get on you too bad for the dent in JetLi, I know my wife would have been pretty upset if I dented our new Jeep! Keep making videos, love to see the places you guys explore, inspires me to get out and wheel.
He was just getting her back for the body damage she did on Moby a few years ago..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Jimmypaget
10-19-2018, 12:16 AM
Great video! I actually watched it before the email from YouTube was sent out saying it was a new one! I always enjoy this type of video with the commentary and behind the scene stuff! Keep up the good work!

Samuelh3
10-19-2018, 12:58 AM
Another awesome video. Love all the banter back and forth. Reminds me of when Iím wheeling with my friends. Bummer about the body damage.

TrainWreck618
10-19-2018, 01:04 AM
What a great video, I really enjoyed it! I like when you guys do these longer videos, Iím sure theyíre not easy to put together. The fan on the JL sure sounds loud, but maybe itís not that bad in person? I really need to make it out there sometime.

Bwdesignworks
10-20-2018, 05:59 AM
Awesome video once again! I like how you show the trail fixes you do to keep thing rolling. Makes me keep adding to the tools and parts to bring out just in case....

19YJ94
10-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Great video, always cringe when seeing damage done. But it's definitely the nature of the beast playing outdoors!

Good inspiration to get out more though. Thanks for sharing.

VeruGE*144
10-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Pleasure to watch as usual. Looks like great group of friends and fun times, you guys were cracking me up lol. Seems like itís time for a pumpkin glider, hope it doesnít look too gay [emoji23]. Seriously though, what the duck was Dana thinking putting that drain plug right there.

DH2002
10-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Excellent video def enjoy watching the improv on the repairs....

wayoflife
10-20-2018, 03:39 PM
I wanted to watch the whole thing in one sitting so Iím posting late.
In a word WOW!! Just loved the video showing the sights, the issues, the good times. As Bob said this was a life event. Something you remember for life.
Thanks for the memories!!
Til next time.

Glad that you finally got a chance to watch the video and enjoyed it. Good times for sure :cool:

Both my buddy and his wife both just bought JLs. Sent him a link to this video time stamped to the drain plug leak. Guess rancho is going to be selling at least two more skids. hahaha....

LOL!! Well, if he does order one, you can point him to this Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2PJReoB :cool:

Really enjoyed the video. Sucks about the carnage to your Jeep. But from what I saw it could have been a lot worse.

Oh yeah, it could have been a LOT worse had I pushed forward. :icon_crazy:

Oh no, Cindy was all good. I think maybe she was just glad that I was the first to do body damage :crazyeyes:

Great video! I enjoyed seeing you guys interact with each other on video instead of just through your words on this forum. I'm glad you didn't edit out any of your real time responses. Like when you got the body damage hitting that large rock. You could see the real life frustration that any of us would of had at that moment.

LOL!! Well, we can't make any of that stuff up and we're glad that you could join in the fun even if only vicariously :D

wayoflife
10-20-2018, 03:44 PM
He was just getting her back for the body damage she did on Moby a few years ago..haha.

Actually, I think that was more of her getting back at me for all the damage I had done before that :crazyeyes:

Great video! I actually watched it before the email from YouTube was sent out saying it was a new one! I always enjoy this type of video with the commentary and behind the scene stuff! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, we're so glad you have fun watching this video :)

Another awesome video. Love all the banter back and forth. Reminds me of when Iím wheeling with my friends. Bummer about the body damage.

It's all good and all part of the experience. Glad you enjoyed the video.

What a great video, I really enjoyed it! I like when you guys do these longer videos, Iím sure theyíre not easy to put together. The fan on the JL sure sounds loud, but maybe itís not that bad in person? I really need to make it out there sometime.

Oh no, the fan is even more obnoxious in person. But, it does a great job of keeping the engine cool. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Awesome video once again! I like how you show the trail fixes you do to keep thing rolling. Makes me keep adding to the tools and parts to bring out just in case....

Thanks and glad to see we were able to inspire you to pack more tools :)

Great video, always cringe when seeing damage done. But it's definitely the nature of the beast playing outdoors!

Good inspiration to get out more though. Thanks for sharing.

I hate to say that we got lucky catching the moment of damage but I'm glad that we were able to share it with all of you :)

Pleasure to watch as usual. Looks like great group of friends and fun times, you guys were cracking me up lol. Seems like itís time for a pumpkin glider, hope it doesnít look too gay [emoji23]. Seriously though, what the duck was Dana thinking putting that drain plug right there.

I dunno about Dana. They haven't exactly been impressing me over the last 10 years. As far as the glide plate goes, already got one :)

Excellent video def enjoy watching the improv on the repairs....

Thanks! We're so glad you liked it :)

Bear_JKU
10-20-2018, 05:19 PM
That was a great video! Finally had a chance to watch it. Now I need time to get to the Rubicon. Jet Li and all the other Jeeps looked great out there.

CharlesC
10-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Another awesome video! Thank you guys again for all you do! Hammer and chisel should get that out🤣

wayoflife
10-21-2018, 03:10 PM
That was a great video! Finally had a chance to watch it. Now I need time to get to the Rubicon. Jet Li and all the other Jeeps looked great out there.

Awesome, glad you got a chance to see it and liked it :)

Another awesome video! Thank you guys again for all you do! Hammer and chisel should get that out🤣

LOL!! Oh yeah, that should do the trick :D

wayoflife
10-21-2018, 05:24 PM
And, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is....

CONGRATULATIONS shadowpaige64507!! :thumb:

Gadget
10-21-2018, 07:13 PM
Finally got to watch it. Loved it, the music and musicless parts, the carnage, not to be an ass but Iím happy to see someone else smash a steering stabilizer besides me. For as little as I wheel Iím on number 4 now. Hope the relocation kit works.
Great job on this video. Looking forward to the next one.

wayoflife
10-21-2018, 08:04 PM
Finally got to watch it. Loved it, the music and musicless parts, the carnage, not to be an ass but Iím happy to see someone else smash a steering stabilizer besides me. For as little as I wheel Iím on number 4 now. Hope the relocation kit works.
Great job on this video. Looking forward to the next one.

So glad to hear you got to watch the video and enjoyed it. As far as steering stabilizers go, how do you not hit them :crazyeyes:

WJCO
10-21-2018, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the shot glasses!!

Bugtuth
10-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Great video! One of the best yet and it was cool to see the trail repairs and a couple of two doors.

Zstairlessone
10-21-2018, 11:33 PM
Great video and congrats on the shot glasses. Seems Iím living out west again through your videos, many thanks for that!!!

shadowpaige64507
10-22-2018, 02:01 AM
And, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is....

CONGRATULATIONS shadowpaige64507!! :thumb:

Thank you sir! I canít wait to get these nice jewels. I even got some American Honey waiting to break them in!!

Rancho
10-23-2018, 06:13 PM
Finally was able to watch the video, between SEMA prep.
Great video.
Seems like the body damage is pretty close to where you got body damage on Moby on Carnage Canyon in CO.
And we have glide plates in stock :icon_crazy: :beer:

mauijim
10-23-2018, 08:20 PM
And yet another killer video. Am I surprised. No. You and Cindy make the best video and make you feel like youíre right there. Loved the 2 doors making the rest of us look good. Some day Iíll actually get there and run it. Thanks for sharing

wayoflife
10-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Finally was able to watch the video, between SEMA prep.
Great video.
Seems like the body damage is pretty close to where you got body damage on Moby on Carnage Canyon in CO.
And we have glide plates in stock :icon_crazy: :beer:

LOL!! Same side and same location only on the front door instead of the rear :crazyeyes:
Glad you enjoyed the video and thanks for making those cool glide plates :thumb: :D

And yet another killer video. Am I surprised. No. You and Cindy make the best video and make you feel like youíre right there. Loved the 2 doors making the rest of us look good. Some day Iíll actually get there and run it. Thanks for sharing

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and hope to see you out there sometime sooner than later :cool:

fiend
10-24-2018, 05:25 AM
Finally got a chance to watch this. Brought back all the great memories of being on the Rubicon this summer. What a great trail. You and Cindy did a great job on this one.

shadowpaige64507
10-25-2018, 01:23 AM
Arrived today! Thank you sir

wayoflife
10-25-2018, 01:53 AM
Finally got a chance to watch this. Brought back all the great memories of being on the Rubicon this summer. What a great trail. You and Cindy did a great job on this one.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

Arrived today! Thank you sir

Simply awesome - congrats to you :honey: