Front Track Bar Frame Mount Strength

bhaner

Just started my build and was wondering about the front track bar frame mount.

It doesn't look that heavy. Is it a failure point? Should I spend time beefing it up?

I don't think I need to lower the mount point at this time so many of the aftermarket support brackets won't work.

20181014_165754.jpg

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve seen a few come across the forum that have broken or had the bolt hole widen causing play. Mine has been fine. Synergy makes a strengthening brace for $100. Not bad insurance while you have things opened up like you do.

Speaking of which, what’s going into the front end??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

I’ve seen a few come across the forum that have broken or had the bolt hole widen causing play. Mine has been fine. Synergy makes a strengthening brace for $100. Not bad insurance while you have things opened up like you do.

Have a link to the brace? I haven't found anything aftermarket that doesn't move the mounting location.

I am doing all the prep work to install the Evo Double Throw down coil over towers.

Last edited:

ThatJeepGuy

Isn’t the synergy bracket a track bar and sector shaft brace?

JKbrick

So it still lines up with the factory mounting hole? Just surrounds it?

That could be the ticket!

Let me know if you want to sell. Otherwise I will try to find one.

Yes that’s what it does, I’m not sure if you will need a longer bolt to make up for the extra thickness of the bracket or not. I will sell it I’ve had it for 3 years and not put it on yet. I bought it used but it’s perfectly fine

Top Bottom