1310 v 1350 Driveshaft Install- No Loctite?

Installed a new 1350 Adams driveshaft last weekend and am curious as to why they call for loctite and gasket with the 1310 and only gasket on the 1350? Is this actually correct? Should be getting around to doing the rear soon and wanted to check beforehand and know if I’ll also be needing to address the front. Haven’t had any vibrations or other problems as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Installed a new 1350 Adams driveshaft last weekend and am curious as to why they call for loctite and gasket with the 1310 and only gasket on the 1350? Is this actually correct? Should be getting around to doing the rear soon and wanted to check beforehand and know if I’ll also be needing to address the front. Haven’t had any vibrations or other problems as of yet.

Not sure but I've always put blue loctite on the u-joint bolts and red on the pinion nut. When I installed my JE Reel shafts there was no mention of gasket for those so I didn't put any. I haven't had any issues. It was jeepfan who recommended I pull the Tcase yoke and put some on when I had my trail break on the Rubicon 2 years ago.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
IDK. My Adams Drive Shafts came with instructions to use lock tight. Can’t remember if it specified the color, but I used red on both the pinion nut and the ubolts. Blue is probably a better choice, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The yoke is the big nut on the pinion and the yokes on the transfer case had giant o rings that had rtv on them

Yeah I did the rtv and there was a wire tag with sharpie scribble saying to remove and not reuse the o-rings. This was the point I realized the install was different between their 1310 & 1350. For whatever reason they only have video instructions for the 1350. And Adams responded by saying all “bolts” get red loctite, which technically I did (the bolts for the flange?) but I’m going to add it on each nut this weekend when I’m doing the rear. I’ve deemed myself just knowledgeable enough to get myself into trouble working on Jeep, but feels good to have done the stuff myself (with assistance).

Top Bottom