Rodent damage soy based plastic

gonow

Recently my wife's Ford fiesta ST quit running towed it to Ford and come to find out alot of the plastic/wiring is soy based the rodent chewed holes in the master cylinder, washer reservoir, EGR lines and a bunch of wiring around 3500$ it was all covered by insurance. Now my daughters 2013 Prius is at the dealership with all kind of rodent damage the cars are stored at 2 different locations in case you are wondering. Both dealers said all manufacturers were using this soy based plastics at one time. Has anyone had this type of issues with any jeep/ FCA products couldn't think of a worst place for a rodent attack than the middle of nowhere Nevada were I'm pretty sure those little bastards are hungry all the time

Thanks for the input
Cheers

J&R

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Recently my wife's Ford fiesta ST quit running towed it to Ford and come to find out alot of the plastic/wiring is soy based the rodent chewed holes in the master cylinder, washer reservoir, EGR lines and a bunch of wiring around 3500$ it was all covered by insurance. Now my daughters 2013 Prius is at the dealership with all kind of rodent damage the cars are stored at 2 different locations in case you are wondering. Both dealers said all manufacturers were using this soy based plastics at one time. Has anyone had this type of issues with any jeep/ FCA products couldn't think of a worst place for a rodent attack than the middle of nowhere Nevada were I'm pretty sure those little bastards are hungry all the time

Thanks for the input
Cheers

J&R

I have not seen any issues yet... but you have me a little worried now! We’ve been tackling a mouse issue around our house which we recently moved into and just the other day I saw our barn cat eating a mouse under my truck [emoji51]

black pearl

Hooked
That's really horrible they are doing that!!

I haven't had any issues and I drive the jeep every day, but I'm monitoring a mouse that keeps going into my engine Bay. I find weird things up under the dress cover every now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CharlesC

No probs here, till last week doing a oil change and inspection. Little bastard seems to be enjoying the “insulator caps”on my Switch-Pros module (+ )insulator cap and on the (+) wire insulator to the battery. (Not for sure soy base though?)
Looks to be just a few nibbles just on those caps, but enough for me to place a all out war.... green bar bait has been placed!! Checking oil daily now🤣
Sucks that they did that much damage- -

jesse3638

Hooked
Squirls and rats at my station seem to do the same thing. A coworker had a bunch of damage on her BMW and one morning I opened the hood on my water tender and noticed a bunch of sticks and things on the valve cover. Looked right behind it and the bastard was right there watching me.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Its happened to a couple of our work vehicles. We had them parked in the dirt and the field mice ate the insulation off the wiring. We ended up rearranging and parking on the blacktop. so far no more issues. what a pita they are though

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

This has also been a very common complaint lately with Subaru's.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Killed my 2000 Jetta. Would’ve cost more to replace everything they ruined then the car was worth. Harnesses, all the carpet, all the seats, the headliner, most of the hvac ducts. That’s what was on the inside, under the hood they had an entire mouse village. I don’t store cars anymore. Leave insurance on it and drive it every other week so nothing gets too comfortable. The TJ had its headlight harness chewed but that was an easy fix, did get me pulled over though. If you know you have nice and you’re trying to actively catch them- shop vac. Swear to god, that beautiful orange rigid vacuum gets close to them and “fwooomp” captured. Cleaned out a barn box by box doing this and probably got about 30-40 of them. Haven’t found a functional way to keep out of cars yet. Little shits get everywhere.

JKbrick

We are at Disney World this week and my 4 year old daughter wanted to take Mickey Mouse a big sucker today and we said no he doesn’t eat candy. She asked me what he eats and this thread came to mind and I said cheese and the wiring on all the rides.

duktrx

Aerial coax cable in the late 90s had a coating that was peanut derived. Pretty sure it was to attract squirrels, have them chew through and require replacement, a never ending loop of replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

gonow

Thanks for the input
Cheers

J&R

Final cost of my daughter's Prius 3200 AAA covered all plus a rental hate paying for quality insurance until you need it jeep dealer said 2006 they got rid of soy based plastic still trying to verify

Cheers

weck

on my 08 JKU had some rodents chew through my bundle of ABS/Speed Sensor wires on the passenger side. Luckily was able to solder them all back together and not have to replace the entire bundle.

Top Bottom