Traction Control / ESC / ABS - possible cause? (pics)

So since I did my coilovers I swear I’ve had a randomly occurring ding from the dash but never been able to see any lights come up. Heard it again today on my commute home and decided to pay as much attention as safely possible for it to happen again. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy. Sure enough it happened again and I had three things light up and the digital speedometer going all wackado. Not entirely positive but believe they were the ones listed in the title.

Did some digging around and without a programmer or code reader all it seems I can do mess with the battery and visually look around. Loosened and retightened the clamps on the terminals. Visual inspection, the only thing standing out was the fact the plastic tube around this has pulled away (see pic). I know some people say using a frame lift and going full droop can be a cause.

Yes, steering wheel is centered. And if it matters at all the second time today was the only time I’ve seen anything light up. Both times were coasting at around 50-60 mph. Thinking maybe just bumps messing with the connection? Haven’t actually felt ABS or traction control kick on.

IMG_1528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Start by cleaning and tightening both terminals and throw some dio grease on them. I have that same scenario happen with a bad connection.

Do the battery, but also make sure your ABS sensors are seated good and tight.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Alright cleaned up the terminals with baking soda solution. Didn’t have any dio grease but put a bit of petroleum jelly. Maybe that is the issue because I had flicker in my overhead light when parked yesterday. Everything was tight tho and no corrosion.

Yeah I’ve got zero play in those plugs and can’t find anything with any movement.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Alright cleaned up the terminals with baking soda solution. Didn’t have any dio grease but put a bit of petroleum jelly. Maybe that is the issue because I had flicker in my overhead light when parked yesterday. Everything was tight tho and no corrosion.

Yeah I’ve got zero play in those plugs and can’t find anything with any movement.

If I had to guess, that was it. Especially if the lights were flickering.

Hope it was as easy as that

Lojo

Maybe check abs reluctor tone ring?? Free of debris.... mine did the same thing a few times. I cleaned and checked everything and it stopped.

Top Bottom