Questions about lift.

JKBANDIT55

So I'm running 35" duratracs on about a 3" lift. I'm running 2.5" coils and just added 1" teraflex spacers. Now I have just enough lift to not rub when flexed. I don't think my lift is a true 3.5" lift as when I had just my 2.5" coils, I was only sitting about 2" taller than stock jeeps. Just wanting to ask a few questions as I'm heading to EJS and want to get everything squared away before I do!

Here's the questions I have.

2012 JKU Auto 3.73 gears. Jk's discos in the front.

Do I need to worry about the exhaust spacer or getting a new drive shaft? I checked how close it was when full flexed and it looked like it had about 1/2 of space from the boot touching.

Second. Do I need break line extensions with only 3" of lift?

Third. longer Rear end links? What does this benefit?

My jeep is riding good now. No wondering, steering is centered, and my alignment was still perfectly straight after my lift. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things, but it looks like I have more flex with the 1" spacer. Is this because I have more room now for up travel?

I don't plan on going any taller. I think it's a perfect height. As long as I have no rubbing I'm happy. Not a fan of sky high jeeps. To me, if you can add bigger tires and a lift that makes the jeeps space between fenders and tires look stock, that's perfect. Any info helps and I know I can count on my jeep buddies for some info :)

Here's some pics.

35s 2.5" coils

image-3858645584.jpg

35s 2.5" coils + 1" spacers.

image-2309155477.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do I need to worry about the exhaust spacer or getting a new drive shaft? I checked how close it was when full flexed and it looked like it had about 1/2 of space from the boot touching.

Not unless you've installed longer shocks that allow for more droop.

Second. Do I need break line extensions with only 3" of lift?

In the rear, yes. Or at least, if you plan on flexing your Jeep.

Third. longer Rear end links? What does this benefit?

Longer rear links will allow you to restore the position of your sway bar arm to stock or there about. This will allow it to function as it was designed and will help prevent it from limiting the amount of flex you have. It will also allow you to take the factory rear links and move them up front to help correct things there.

My jeep is riding good now. No wondering, steering is centered, and my alignment was still perfectly straight after my lift. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things, but it looks like I have more flex with the 1" spacer. Is this because I have more room now for up travel?

Yes. If you didn't install taller bump stop extensions, you are now seeing more stuff.

Tackerdown

Banned
As for the bump stops this pic was shared with me of a jeep without them not a pretty pic. 1362842804215.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKBANDIT55

Not unless you've installed longer shocks that allow for more droop.

In the rear, yes. Or at least, if you plan on flexing your Jeep.

Longer rear links will allow you to restore the position of your sway bar arm to stock or there about. This will allow it to function as it was designed and will help prevent it from limiting the amount of flex you have. It will also allow you to take the factory rear links and move them up front to help correct things there.

Yes. If you didn't install taller bump stop extensions, you are now seeing more stuff.

Thanks Eddie! Gonna get some rear brake line extensions and some rear end links as well. As for the drive shaft, my shocks are a bit longer than stock, they came with my lift. But if my boot was fine with just the 2.5" coils at full flex, then it shouldn't matter I added a 1" spacer as my shocks are still providing the same amount of droop? Eventually, I'm going to save up for a new, much better lift soon.

Thanks again!

In5ane1

So is this hit and miss? I have a 2013 jku auto, and have been researching the piss out of this. I thought 2.5 coils require some modification not to rub...

RubyinUtah

Like Eddie mentioned its all about how long your shock travel length is. I have the Bilsteins on my 12 and the driveshaft boot was rubbing on the exhaust until I installed the exhaust spacers.

This is with a 2.5 lift at full droop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom