Broken bodyount thread

KeroJK

So im installing the teraflex 1.25 body lift today and one of the body bolts were spinning. A little while later using a pry bar and an impact to force it down more (i read that on some thread) it got loose and i removed the bolt but. I look into the hole and there is no threading spot there. Help!!! Is my jeep a gonner? What do i do? Both rear ones look like that, except one came out just fine and the other didn't. I cant manage to thread anything there at all. Below is a picture of what the rear body mount threads look like and compares to the side ones which look fine
Screenshot_20181028-135159.jpeg Screenshot_20181028-135207.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KeroJK

KeroJK

Missing two body mounts.

So i went to install my body lift today and i guess my body mounts broke (not quite ill explain) The jeep is my dd so i need to use it and i assume a fix like this would cost me a decent chunk of change. I dont feel confident enough to do it myself and i definetly dont have the tools. Is it safe to drive without 2 body bolts connected to the frame? My jeep is a two door, with 8 body mounts total, the two broken ones are the rear body mounts, inspected the jeep and everything seems very solid but looking for advice

By missing 2 body mounts i mean that my body mount bolts, that connect the frame to the body are missing. I have them but they dont thread on (see pic below) those bolts i assume thread to the body itself or a welded nut of some kind. Id have to cut the body, weld a nut then attach the mount? Or is there some kind of thing that the nut threads on and its as simple as getting new body mount? Please help with any info you may have because this topic is untouched.

KeroJK

Broken body mount, can i drive it?

So i went to install my body lift today and i guess my body mounts broke (not quite ill explain) The jeep is my dd so i need to use it and i assume a fix like this would cost me a decent chunk of change. I dont feel confident enough to do it myself and i definetly dont have the tools. Is it safe to drive without 2 body bolts connected to the frame? My jeep is a two door, with 8 body mounts total, the two broken ones are the rear body mounts, inspected the jeep and everything seems very solid but looking for advice

By missing 2 body mounts i mean that my body mount bolts, that connect the frame to the body are missing. I have them but they dont thread on (see pic below) those bolts i assume thread to the body itself or a welded nut of some kind. Id have to cut the body, weld a nut then attach the mount? Or is there some kind of thing that the nut threads on and its as simple as getting new body mount? Please help with any info you may have because this topic is untouched.

First pic is showing the broken mount thread, second is a completely fine mount and you can see the thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181028-135159.jpeg
    Screenshot_20181028-135159.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20181028-135207.jpeg
    Screenshot_20181028-135207.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom