Flat Tire - Replace one or two

Recently got a flat tire and have a very old spare. Can I get by with one new tire or do I need 2 new tires for the same axle. Have about 20,000 miles on tires (A/T) but my current tire design is no longer available.

Recently got a flat tire (33" load 'E') and have a very old spare. Can I get by with one new tire or do I need 2 new tires for the same axle? Have about 20,000 miles on the tires (A/T) but my current tire design is no longer available.

BaddestCross

Recently got a flat tire (33" load 'E') and have a very old spare. Can I get by with one new tire or do I need 2 new tires for the same axle? Have about 20,000 miles on the tires (A/T) but my current tire design is no longer available.
Gah. Having different tread patterns drives me nuts. I'd be buying 4 new tires if that were the case, but that's just me.

The flat tire can't be repaired?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

aermotor

Not your exact situation, but I've had this happen before and luckily I had a fresh spare so I rotated it in with another new tire, then took the repaired flat and put it on as my spare.

I would get 2 new ones personally I think.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
At 20k I would either just get two new tires or buy 4 fresh ones and try to sell the other 3 tires

robx251

Caught the Bug
I’d buy 4 keep the best one of the other 3 and sell the other 2

2016 JK Rubicon
35-12.5 R17 Radar Renegade R7 MT
2.5 budget boost
10k Winch/stubby bumper
Trucklites
TYT9800 / Pro510XL
KC1IMA

74CJ5

I was recently in the same situation. I bought 4 new ones. Took the best of my old ones and made it the spare. Tossed the one that couldn’t be fixed and the old spare which was ok at best and have 2 decent tires left in the garage. Maybe if I ever do an axle swap on my M101 trailer I could use them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom