NAPA HD Ball Joints

MDK210

Anyone use the heavy duty versions that are blue colored (blue BALL joints ha)? Guy at the 4 Wheel Store said even though he sells Teraflex, Dynatrac, and Napa ball joints he would take the Napa cause of their lifetime warranty with the understanding that the Dynatracs are the better design. He explained how the Dynatracs work which was cool but it does make sense that when it comes to rebuilding them you would have to send them back so you’re out a vehicle for the time being.

Everyone seems to recommend different ball joint companies but some have apparently gone done hill depending on when the reviews were posted. Thanks for any info.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You don’t send the pro steers back, you rebuild them in the axle. The hard part of pressing in ball joints is a one time thing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This^^ the dynatrac get rebuilt by you, or a shop, while still being pressed into the axle. You just rebuild the internals. Much easier than pressing out then pressing in new ball joints all the time

Ddays

Hooked
Guy at the 4 Wheel Store that was working at Taco Bell last week.....

Fixed it for ya. If he recommended NAPA over Dynatrac because of his false assumptions, he's doing a disservice to his customers. Do they cost more, yes. Ok, so maybe they're not for everybody, but if you're running bigger tires you can't go wrong with these. That's why so many members here recommend them. Well, that and the fact that we all get big fat rebate checks at the end of the year for pushing Dynatrac, EVO, King, Warn, etc etc ;)

MDK210

That’s good to know about the Dynatracs since those are the ones I wanted originally but if this is the shop that’s on the hook to rebuild them I don’t want that life ha.

Any documents/videos on how to rebuild them? I plan on installing ball joints this winter using Eddie’s how to so hopefully whatever ball joint press I rent is good to go.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That’s good to know about the Dynatracs since those are the ones I wanted originally but if this is the shop that’s on the hook to rebuild them I don’t want that life ha.

Any documents/videos on how to rebuild them? I plan on installing ball joints this winter using Eddie’s how to so hopefully whatever ball joint press I rent is good to go.

I haven’t heard or seen of people rebuilding them but I’m sure it has been done. If anything dynatrac will have the instructions and would send them with a rebuild kit if you have to rebuild them down the road.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

It’s not easy to rebuild them.

WJCO

Meme King

https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildabl...alljoints-for-2007-2015-jeep-wrangler-jk.html

Click on that link. Then go down under PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS and there is a link on how to rebuild them. OverlanderJK just did his recently, I think he said he had 90k on his. So I doubt it's something you'll need to worry about too quickly.

My local guy recommended Moog for their lifetime warranty. I went to him asking about installing Dynatrac's. He said if you don't wheel hard core, the Moog's will work just fine. I think I still want the Dynatrac's but thought it was funny when I saw this tread because I just had this conversation last weekend.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildabl...alljoints-for-2007-2015-jeep-wrangler-jk.html

Click on that link. Then go down under PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS and there is a link on how to rebuild them. OverlanderJK just did his recently, I think he said he had 90k on his. So I doubt it's something you'll need to worry about too quickly.

Actually bought all the parts to do it but it was the farthest thing from easy so I just replaced the entire ball joint with a different brand.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey OverlanderJK, which brand did you go back to?

Interesting, I'm also curious what ball joint you decided to go with. I have Dynatrac's on hold but now I'm not sure...

Synergy cause I was able to order them on a Saturday and get them on Sunday through amazon.

Teraflex

Lol I would have rather run the warn out Dynatrac ones than terrorflex.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Ddays

Hooked
Actually bought all the parts to do it but it was the farthest thing from easy so I just replaced the entire ball joint with a different brand. ]

Synergy cause I was able to order them on a Saturday and get them on Sunday through amazon. ]

I'm really curious to see how long the Synergy's hold up compared to the Dynatrac's. Did you have 90k on the Dynatracs? And you're on 37's right?

norcal-s

I installed Synergy joints in a D30, running 37's. (I know...) I probably put 3,000 miles on them, with 2-3 wheeling trips, nothing crazy. I swapped that axle with a D44 and the Synergy lowers were flopping around. I didn't check play before pulling the axle, so, they could have just been rotating like they should. But, they seemed awfully loose for such little use.

I went with the new teraflex units in the D44, I'm hoping all their products aren't all bad, they seem to be well made and have a preload adjustment on the lower.

Top Bottom